Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really Stuck Person

Options
  • 20-11-2009 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

would anyone be able to tell me an alternative route out of galway to the general offaly kildare area. I need to get home today!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

google maps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Train to Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

TheZohan wrote: »
    Train to Kildare.

train aint runnin today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Bus to Limerick first , have you been narcoleptic or drugged for the past 24 hours BTW :( ???

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

TheZohan wrote: »
    Train to Kildare.

Not sure train is an option at the moment.
    http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/travel_alerts.asp?action=view&news_id=569

See other threads about new motorway opening temporarily at reduced speed limit...the buses will probably also avail of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Bus to Limerick first , have you been narcoleptic or drugged for the past 24 hours BTW :( ???

right sound, and no why?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Updates here. Post #8.

No trains from Galway.

Driving: Tuam, Barnadearg, Mountbellew, Athlone, M6.

Buses: GoBus/Citylink to Athlone, bus/train from there.

Keep an eye on the post linked above; there is an unconfirmed rumour that the N6 will open, but I'm waiting for Galway County Council to confirm it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

Galway news say M6 will open this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

Fey! wrote: »

Keep an eye on the post linked above; there is an unconfirmed rumour that the N6 will open, but I'm waiting for Galway County Council to confirm it.

It will be the M6, new motorway...as the N6 is impassable in Craughwell. It seems it (M6) will be open at some stage. I guess they have no choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Drive to Limerick and up from there maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

if you drive out headford road to cloonboo and turn right for corandulla through to loughgeorge onto tuam turn right for moylough mountbellew and left for athlone .
    this route is passable as far as i know .

Advertisement