Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 8 improvements

Options
  • 20-11-2009 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

BR have announced a bunch of upgrades to be launched in week 8. They range from quite nice, to seriously sweet.

Ebay-style auto bidding is possibly the biggest. Making it a premium-only feature could be contentious.

The addition of 'pressure' to the match engine is interesting too. It sounds like the idea is to give the attacking team an advantage in situations where the defending team shouldn't have time to realign properly. Definitely a plus, if they implement it right.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Yeah I think the changes will be good for the game.

Injuries to defending players is definitely welcomed (as I spend so much of my time attacking :p )

The impact of pressure will be interesting to see but it will only be applied to friendly games for the rest of Season 7. It will impact on the Boards Cups though !

The autobid, while good in theory, might bring the bidding wars to an end somewhat. When you bid on a player, you will be able to attach your maximum bid also, so you needn't tune into the end of the auction.
    It is normally at this time that some players lose the run of themselves and bid more than they should so as to win the war !!

Anyway, good to see the game constantly evolving !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

those improvements sound good, maybe the crazy prices you get out bid by at the last minute will end now - good if you're buying, bad if you're selling!!!

but I like the idea of pressure, presume that will lead to more mistakes by defenders when you string some phases together, So when you string 7+ together they wont counterruck you off the ball randomly!:eek:

also I would like to state I hate you guys*! you always post things happening on Blackout when I am in work and I cant log in and look!!:(

*not really!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

eoferrall wrote: »

also I would like to state I hate you guys*! you always post things happening on Blackout when I am in work and I cant log in and look!!:(

*not really!

You should see what they just announced now.

Basically anyone who logs in during the next 10 mins, gets a 210 lock with 10 rating in all skills.

Sweet deal. Got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

jprender wrote: »
    You should see what they just announced now.

Basically anyone who logs in during the next 10 mins, gets a 210 lock with 10 rating in all skills.

Sweet deal. Got mine.

what age?:p

Now that I am home and seen the changes, the one I like is the ability to scout the market with premarked conditions and receive an email notification when a player comes on the market meeting these conditions.

and I like that the improvements are for premium players! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

ugh, may have to go premium now, the advantages are just stacking up.

Dunno about this max bidding thing... makes it a bit too easy or something, I used to love going head to head against some bozzo, though my wallet certainly didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

eoferrall wrote: »
    what age?:p

Now that I am home and seen the changes, the one I like is the ability to scout the market with premarked conditions and receive an email notification when a player comes on the market meeting these conditions.

and I like that the improvements are for premium players! :D

I like the new auto-scouting feature too. That will be pretty handy alright. The auto-bidding should be good too, cuz i always get outbid and then i'm not there online to put in another bid if i wanted too.

Advertisement