Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokian Tyres

• 20-11-2009 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

I have just been recommended Nokian Tyres for a VW Passat.

The recommendation was that they offer good value for money whilst offering good performance, reliability and wear.

I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with Nokian tyres and what the experience was like?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They're a Scandanavian brand, more known for winter tyres.

What size tyres have you got, and how much were you quoted to fit them?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hill St Blue

I've been using Nokian tyres for quite a long time now and I've always found them good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Hi Guys,

They are 205 60 15

Cost dependent on type of Nokian Tyre was from around €70-85. I reckon I could based on getting all four tyres done at the same time squeeze a fiver off those prices per tyre.

I'd recommend you get 4 Vredstein HiTracs from camskill.co.uk

Works out at €249 for 4 delivered, you'd get 4 fitted for €50 in most places, so you're looking €75 a tyre fitted for a phenomenal tyre.

Info here: http://camskill.co.uk/products.php?show=12321

I've used camskill for parts and tyres before and couldn't rate them highly enough, delivery is very fast and the website is very easy to work.

The Guvnor wrote: »

The recommendation was that they offer good value for money whilst offering good performance, reliability and wear.

I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with Nokian tyres and what the experience was like?

They used to be called Nokia before the manufacturer sold it's traditional arms and concentrated on telecoms.

Traditionally they have always emphasized wet performance and comfort in cool conditions over dry performance so could turn out to be a good brand of tyres to have here.

• Advertisement

Thanks Guys!

I would try the site Colm but need them for Monday/Tuesday.

I will ask the trye guys for a price on the Vredesteins HiTracs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

I use Nokian Tyres on my mountain bike. Great tyres for muck and wet stuff. Id imagine it translates to car tyres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

Nokian tyres is a Finnish tire brand, really good Winter tires and ok summer ones, I personally don't want to buy them tough, since they decided to save money and start to build them in Russia...

Thanks Guys!

I would try the site Colm but need them for Monday/Tuesday.

I will ask the trye guys for a price on the Vredesteins HiTracs.

You should have them Tuesday if you order them today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Last month I bought set of Nokian W 205/55/R16.
    These are winter tyres. I got them at discount price of 47euros per one.

So far they behave very good, especially considering they were made for winter conditions, which we don't have in Ireland almost at all, and definitly not at this time of year.

Besides Nokian winter tyres are known as one of the best available on market. I never heard anything about Nokian summer tyres though, so it's hard to say if they're good or not.

• Advertisement

I had winter tyres on a Japanese car, they were very noisy due to the tread pattern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 fortuna4022

Hi Guvnor

Just wondering where you were going to buy the Nokian tyres ? I live out north Dublin and have been navigating roads better described as a labyrinth of ice rinks :mad: so I'm in the market for a set of 4 nokian studded snow tyres for (very) occasional use !
    I got stuck on ice in Sligo and also in Kildare last week so the order is going in if I can find a dealer .

Thanks,

Hi Fortuna,

I got them when I serviced the vw. The dealer is in Dundalk.
    However I would normally buy my tyres off of the lads down in Julianstown. He is near the Apple Service stations, could be the turn off for Laytown, Bettystown or the Mosney place.

It annoys the pants off of me that I cannot remember their name. Anyway he is excellent value and has a very good selection.

I would definitely go to him. Name could be Julianstown tyres or similar. If you are driving the old road into Drogheda and go slow after the first apple station and even slower after the second one you should see a sign on the right hand side of the road for them, turn there and they are down on the lhs.

Best of luck mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I'd recommend you get 4 Vredstein HiTracs from camskill.co.uk

Works out at €249 for 4 delivered, you'd get 4 fitted for €50 in most places, so you're looking €75 a tyre fitted for a phenomenal tyre.

Info here: http://camskill.co.uk/products.php?show=12321

I've used camskill for parts and tyres before and couldn't rate them highly enough, delivery is very fast and the website is very easy to work.

Think you need to check again , the tyres will cost over €90 each plus fitting

listed at £76 (€85) plus delivery and fitting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭techie

snowman707 wrote: »
    Think you need to check again , the tyres will cost over €90 each plus fitting

listed at £76 (€85) plus delivery and fitting

Snowman, that price above from Colm was back in November.

Advertisement