Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 CL matches in betting probe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,465 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

nothing can be done. Refs decision is final - if he ruled the goals as goals then what is the problem? Players cheating to affect results is just part of the game, and if the ref doesn't spot it, it is clearly the refs fault - but nothing should subsequently be done to punish anyone over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Oi! this is a non Henrygate thread. Keep your ramblings to the appropriate threads.

Off the top of my head there has been some strange results involving E. European teams in recent years, wouldn't surprise me if it concerned them (and Italian teams obviously).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

THREE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SOCCER MATCHES UNDER INVESTIGATION IN BETTING PROBE - GERMAN POLICE

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/8818946

I'd start with the 2005 final, seems suspicious to me.

Somebody must have forgotten to have told Dudek before he made the save from Shevchenko that kept the game 3-3.:rolleyes:

And they forgot to tell Traore who made a goal line clearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Oi! this is a non Henrygate thread. Keep your ramblings to the appropriate threads.

Off the top of my head there has been some strange results involving E. European teams in recent years, wouldn't surprise me if it concerned them (and Italian teams obviously).

The article says that nine different leagues are involved, so there could be a chance that a few of the bigger clubs are involved in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mouse roars as Villa man has pop at Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

mike65 wrote: »
    Mouse roars as Villa man has pop at Liverpool.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Somebody must have forgotten to have told Dudek before he made the save from Shevchenko that kept the game 3-3.:rolleyes:

And they forgot to tell Traore who made a goal line clearance.

2397173073_1f5f13b51f.jpg?v=0

Seeing as Milan have previous, i'll give Pools players the benefit of the doubt.

For now:cool:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Amen to that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

THREE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SOCCER MATCHES UNDER INVESTIGATION IN BETTING PROBE - GERMAN POLICE

What about 99 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Robbery I tell ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Are Ipswich Town being investigated for mental weakness?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Kess73 wrote: »
    The article says that nine different leagues are involved, so there could be a chance that a few of the bigger clubs are involved in it.

That doesn't add up.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

It's not just the Champions League, they're investigating Europa League and German matches as well

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8370748.stm

200 matches in total :eek::eek::eek:

The guys behind it are obviously well-connected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Football is corrupt shocker :eek: TBH i would'nt be surprised to see several of the big teams involved in this. Sooner or later the "beautiful game :rolleyes:" will have to be cleaned up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Must of been the Fiorentina game and the 2 Lyon games. **** EUFA!!!! OMG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Must have been Barca and "Le Cheat". :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8379251.stm

5 clubs named include KS Vllaznia of Albania and refers to their games after beating Sligo Rovers.

There was supposedly rumours that Vllaznia looked like they were trying to throw the game against Sligo...and still beat them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

dfx- wrote: »
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8379251.stm

5 clubs named include KS Vllaznia of Albania and refers to their games after beating Sligo Rovers.

There was supposedly rumours that Vllaznia looked like they were trying to throw the game against Sligo...and still beat them :D
    Irish side beaten by some team from a country no one has ever heard of and doesnt even play football shocker?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Irish side beaten by some team from a country no one has ever heard of and doesnt even play football shocker?

Good one, maybe next time could you do a bit of research and/or actually be funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

nothing can be done. Refs decision is final - if he ruled the goals as goals then what is the problem? Players cheating to affect results is just part of the game, and if the ref doesn't spot it, it is clearly the refs fault - but nothing should subsequently be done to punish anyone over it.

Oh shutup, what if the ref or officals fail to spot an offside which results in a goal? Should the match be replayed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Good one, maybe next time could you do a bit of research and/or actually be funny?

He needs a bigger fishing rod I think!?

• Advertisement
Advertisement