Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Documentary - Any ideas??

Options
  • 20-11-2009 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

I have to make a short five minute documentary for a course I'm doing and am looking for interesting subject matter.

Does anybody know of an interesting story or person that could be used?

I'm in Greystones Co. Wicklow

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Little Musgrave, a very descriptive song by Christy Moore. Film what's in the lyrics and use the track for narrative, could be epic. It's about 8 mins or so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mrpeech

The short is only 5 mins, sorry should have said that. I think there would be problems with copyright as well. Nice idea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

mrpeech wrote: »
    and am looking for interesting subject matter.

Make it about something you are interested in otherwise it will probably be quite poor.

Most if not all docu-makers concentrate on either a subject that interests them or is of current news-worthy subject.

What events or organisations are close to your area? Maybe a local kids football team preparing for a big match or a local charity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

mrpeech wrote: »
    The short is only 5 mins, sorry should have said that. I think there would be problems with copyright as well. Nice idea though.
    Get Christy to be Lord Bernard and there will be no problem with copyright, offer a percentage of the profits when it gets snapped up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Raging Bob

Something to do with the fisherman there at Greystones? Could be interesting if you think it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

trad wrote: »
    Little Musgrave, a very descriptive song by Christy Moore. Film what's in the lyrics and use the track for narrative, could be epic. It's about 8 mins or so long.

Awesome song. End of.

Advertisement