Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.rentguaranteed.ie

Options
  • 20-11-2009 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Has anyone used this estate/letting agent as either a tenant or landlord?

I am looking at a property with them but the whole set up seems a little strange - I would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks
    Little Miss Cutie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭_Kooli_

I smell a sham there. There is no way that can work.

http://www.rentguaranteed.ie/guarantee-your-rent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

There's something wrong with the set-up alright. I'd imagine they'd let anybody rent from them just to have tenants in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Have a look through some of their properties. They seem way over-valued for what they are- €1400pm for some 2 beds etc. Id say the company is offering a guaranteed rent well below what they actually hope to rent it for. The difference between the two is the companies profit. If they cant find tenants then they must stump up the agreed guaranteed rent to the owner off their own bat.
    So that means the company will be desperate to find anyone for the place as every week it goes by with the place not let they are funding the rent to the owner. In other words any taker who has the dosh will be accepted as a tenant.

It might be a good scheme for landlords who are being squeezed at the moment and can't find tenants. Still though as a tenant you'd want to be pretty thick to pay some of the rents this agency is after, there's far better value in the market than that at the moment imo.

Advertisement