Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12v Speaker System for Van/camper

Options
  • 20-11-2009 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi All,
    previously I had a logitech stereo 2 speaker and subwoofer set. It had great sound and because it ran on a 12v supply from a small transformer I could remove the transformer and run it in my old car.

I'm building a camper van and would like to do the same with a more modern speaker system. The logitech ones are particularly powerful and it's a cheap way of getting a speaker system for the van that has units built round the speakers.
    However not many speaker systems come with the 12v transformer,
    I looked inside this set but it doesn't seem compatible:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=303910

Does anyone know of a similar or better spec'd pc speaker system they'd reccomend that could be ran from a 12v supply?

Thanks
    Ronan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 joncollier

Hi, I've done the same with Creative speakers in the past, they tend to have an external power brick which you can do away with and connect straight to a 12v supply. Have a look at there models
    Cheers
    Jon
    www.greendogcampers.com

Advertisement