Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Debenham's overpricing

• 20-11-2009 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Saw a lovely coat in Debenham's today, UK price: £55.20. Irish price: €109. Today they had signs everywhere saying "20% off everything! Today only!" meaning the coat was now roughly €87. Are we supposed to think this is some kind of bargain?? :mad::mad::mad: No wonder the company isn't having much luck in Ireland. I would have happily snatched up the coat if it had been €62-65, even up to €70 accounting for our increased VAT.

Just getting so fed up of shops trying to rip us off! In the case of any other clothes shop I'd consider ordering online, but of course Debenham's don't deliver to Ireland. :rolleyes:

Anyone know any way of getting around this? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

You could phone a store in the UK (or Northern Iteland) and ask them if it's possible for you to buy it over the phone and pay by credit card and if they could post it to you.

I'm not sure how much cheaper it would it, that's presuming it would be cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

Yeah, my coat was only £65 but €105 in Doroty Perkins. Using a voucher code I found online and shipping included it worked out about about €55.
    http://www.debenhams.com/
    http://www.promotionalcodes.org.uk/debenhams/
    Try that maybe.

Edit:
    Sorry didn't see they don't deliver here :(
    Know anyone in Uk who could post it over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭lauralee28

I buy everything in Debenhams in newry. Sooooo much cheaper than the south. Worth the journey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Exactly! If you want to buy at UK prices, go to the UK. There is a Debenhams in Newry, and a big one in Belfast. And remember to consider transport costs against what you are saving. Otherwise read the Rip Off forum in Biz where this issue comes up again and again and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

or how about this

just don't buy it. Why give them your custom at all?

I no longer go into topshop and I only ever use debenhams as a thoroghfare from Henry street to the inside of the Ilac Centre. Can't say I miss it.

Seriously, never mind making the (not free) trip up north. Just don't give these shops your money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

or how about this

just don't buy it. Why give them your custom at all?

I no longer go into topshop and I only ever use debenhams as a thoroghfare from Henry street to the inside of the Ilac Centre. Can't say I miss it.

Seriously, never mind making the (not free) trip up north. Just don't give these shops your money.

This is a good point. As much as it pains me to have morals/ethics (it's a really nice coat!) Debenham's has pissed me off so much I'm just going to give up on the idea. Thanks for the replies :)

Advertisement