Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bag stolen in Maynooth

Options
  • 20-11-2009 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭

Hi, a black bag was taken off me last night in Maynooth on Parson Street (I think that's the name of it?) just beside the bridge.

There was nothing in it of value to the person who took it, but there was lots in it of value to me! I'm hoping he might have dumped it somewhere, although I'd say if he did it was probably into the canal. But just on the off chance anyone sees a biggish black handbag around, or a pink and gold wallet, or a set of keys with a Mitsubishi keyring, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.

Also, if the people who helped me and brought me home after it happened see this - thanks a million! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭elli21

very sorry to hear this,hope you are okay:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Sorry to hear about that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Sorry to hear that chatterpillar, I lived on that street for 2 years in college. Did someone just grab it off you and run? Presume you've had no luck in finding the bag anywhere? Glad someone helped you home. Crappy thing to happen to anyone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Yeah he came up behind me on the bridge, hit me in the back of the head and knocked me over, grabbed the bag and ran down that road to the left (i.e. if you're coming across the bridge from the town direction, there's a small estate and then a road to the left just after it.) Few cuts and bruises, nothing serious, could've been a hell of a lot worse.

No sign of the bag, the Gardai checked down that road and so did my boyfriend later that night. I was really hoping he might have just dumped it when he realised there was no money or anything, but unfortunately not. :mad: What really bothers me is knowing that someone has all my cards and IDs, as well as my car and house keys.

I'm just going to presume that he dumped it in the canal and try not to worry about it. Not much else I can do really.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

fcuking low life scumbag!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

fcuking low life scumbag!! :mad:

Oh I know. Don't get me started ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭_SONIC_

thats discgraceful !

that way is very dangerous as thats the way all the scum from oldgreenfield walk!!!

Advertisement