Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flooding?

Options
  • 20-11-2009 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm due to drive down to Kilkenny tomorrow from dublin. Bit worried that i'll end up stuck because of flooding. Is ther any flooding around the Kilkenny area aat the moment?

Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

I think you'll be ok, we escaped the worst of it. I havn't heard of any road closures on the radio.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

The only I've heard is down around Mooncoin. If you're just coming to the city I'd say you're grand. The Nore has gone down a bit since yesterday.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I drove to Kilkenny from Dublin via Carlow today no problem at all. Some really interesting floodland scenery too, but the roads were perfect.

Apparently the revamp they did on the Nore there a while back worked absolutely perfectly, though some salmon might tend to disagree.

Weather's given 5hite for tomorrow again though so be careful. If you're a salmon you could probably swim down from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Any news on the Dineen bridge on the Ballyragget road, that place always seems to burst it banks ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I drove it this evening and while the fields were flooded, the road was OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Any news on the Dineen bridge on the Ballyragget road, that place always seems to burst it banks ?

that road was completely closed off three weekends ago, but has been open the last two weekends. Came back that way last night too, very little water left on the road.

The only flooding I saw was around the Clara direction on the back road into Kilkenny from Carlow.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Piltown had some bad flooding last Thursday but its all gone now,

Advertisement