If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

panasonic 50" plasma G10

Options
  • 20-11-2009 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭

hi there
    can any of you guys sort me out? i have been looking up north but
    would rather spend the money down here:)

thanks
    emo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

emo72 wrote: »
    i have been looking up north but
    would rather spend the money down here:)

Eh... RS are based up north in Belfast ;)

There's a bit of a wait on the g10's by the looks of this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62955123&postcount=5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

ahhh... i dont mind a bit of a wait. but thanks for pointing that out.

i would consider the lg if it was close to the panny qualitywise,

but the concensus seems to be with the panny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

The LG models that are freesat are LCD models whereas the Pana is a plasma so the two have very different qualities.

The LG LCD's have been very popular with customers and it has to be said that they have been a lot more popular than the panasonic plasmas but then this seems to be the trend this year with plasma becoming less popular expecially in the higher models.

The LG's are really good value for money and there are variations in these so if freesat is not a requirement then you can pick up a very good LCD for about £550.

The shortage from Panasonic seems to be across the board on G series and X series models and you have yo be careful with the ones that we sell as they do not have MPEG4 tuners or VHF tuners in them so you have to be using a digital TV service.

What are you going to be using the screen with (ie what sources have you got) ?

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭GirRobot

Just thought I would jump into this thread aswell. I was looking at coming up to belfast to grab a 50" g10. What is the availabilty likely to be? It will be around the 18th-20th of december that I could get up. If I can organise it, would you be able to secure one for that time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

Hi there.

The LG models that are freesat are LCD models whereas the Pana is a plasma so the two have very different qualities.

The LG LCD's have been very popular with customers and it has to be said that they have been a lot more popular than the panasonic plasmas but then this seems to be the trend this year with plasma becoming less popular expecially in the higher models.

The LG's are really good value for money and there are variations in these so if freesat is not a requirement then you can pick up a very good LCD for about £550.

The shortage from Panasonic seems to be across the board on G series and X series models and you have yo be careful with the ones that we sell as they do not have MPEG4 tuners or VHF tuners in them so you have to be using a digital TV service.

Cheers

Dave

hey there dave

i use sky and ntl digital. is it true that i would be able to pick up

bbc and itv hd channels with the g10?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Yes you could receive ITVHD and BBCHD and many more channels. You would need to run a separate cable from your sky dish to back of TV.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi All.

Stock on the 50G10 is still very very tight at the moment.

I have some arriving on Friday. When we take the orders already on system out that leaves one free for sale.

Panasonic 50G10 priced at £889.95 / 1011 Euro give or take a little for conversion rate.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/plasma-tv/panasonic/viera-txp50g10/pana-txp50g10b

This is going to have to be a first come first served as unfortunatley due to the shortage of stock we can not take an order and hold the screen for any longer than 5 days.:(

Once these screen are gone we do hope to get more but I would not have an incoming date as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Hi All.

Stock on the 50G10 is still very very tight at the moment.

I have some arriving on Friday. When we take the orders already on system out that leaves one free for sale.

Panasonic 50G10 priced at £889.95 / 1011 Euro give or take a little for conversion rate.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/plasma-tv/panasonic/viera-txp50g10/pana-txp50g10b

This is going to have to be a first come first served as unfortunatley due to the shortage of stock we can not take an order and hold the screen for any longer than 5 days.:(

Once these screen are gone we do hope to get more but I would not have an incoming date as of yet.

Hi, i believe the delivery of 50" it's a bit painful moment, otherwise i would be tempted

Tell me please, Kenny, do you have them in stock currently ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

Hi there.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,I have a 50" G10B,last Sunday week when I selected DTV,a retune prompt,(new channels found) appeared,upon retuning RT1,RTE2,TV3 & TG4 became channels 800,801,802 & 803,it picks up SKY 3,Sky sports news amongst others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

are you also supplying panny 50in V10 plasmas? if so, can you quote me for one and stock availability please?

EDIT: can you quote for shipping to the South as well?

perhaps we need to start the new topic with the request (s)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.