Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We are offically off tuesday

• 20-11-2009 3:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

yay
    To all Students of Cork Institute of Technology including CIT Cork School of Music, CIT Crawford College of Art & Design and the National Maritime College of Ireland

National Industrial Dispute – Cork Institute of Technology

The Institute has been advised by IMPACT, SIPTU, TUI and UNITE that one day of industrial action will take place on Tuesday 24 November 2009 by staff represented by these Unions. The action will take place from midnight 23 November to midnight 24 November 2009.

As a consequence of this action, please note that there will be no classes, laboratories, workshops or other academic activity in CIT on Tuesday 24 November next.

In the interests of Health & Safety, access by students to CIT campuses other than the NMCI and CIT Cork School of Music will not be possible.

Specifically:

Bishopstown Campus, CIT Crawford College of Art & Design, Northpoint

NO ACCESS

NMCI & CIT Cork School of Music

Because access to the NMCI and the CIT Cork School of Music is the responsibility of the Facility Management companies at these locations, please note the following:

NMCI

The Library will remain open, but all other “academic” areas will be closed

CIT CSM

The Library will be closed, but student access to all other areas will be provided by the Facility Management company

All students are requested to take note of this access information

Dr Barry O’Connor

Registrar and Vice President for Academic Affairs

20/11/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

To be honest it's all a bit stupid. Lecturers are getting huge pay and some can hardly lecture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭smileygirlloves

Webmonkey wrote: »
    To be honest it's all a bit stupid. Lecturers are getting huge pay and some can hardly lecture.

I agree its stupid. But i am delighted to have a day off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Monday will probably be a bust as well. Most students that went home will more than likely stay there til Tuesday night.

Hmm...maybe I should chance staying an extra hour in bed Monday and actually be able to get parking Monday morning at a reasonable time...may take the risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

So er...do we still have Tuesday off? http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1122/weather.html I'm guessing no. But I was gonna stay at home till Tuesday evening. :(

• Advertisement

Hmm...not sure what going happen now. Lots of students may not bother coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Until I get an email from CIT saying otherwise, I'm staying at home to catch up on my reading for my dissertation.

I have to go in tomorrow so I can print a load of stuff...free printing in my computer lab so happy days:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

that rte link seems to say the unions have given permission to people working in certain areas to work on i.e people who are directly invlolved i.e nurses or outdoor council workers . Guess we will have to wait and see tommorow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

Being honest haven't a clue but staff haven't got an email either advising of changes. Some of the news websites say all SITPU/TEEU/IMPACT staff in Cork/Galway and others say staff working in relief efforts / medical staff.

It's just people that are involved with flooding afaik. Fire brigade, Councel etc etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement