Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bricked Wii

Options
  • 20-11-2009 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

i seem to have bricked my wii while following some instrcutions online to get upgraded to 4.2.

i have a wiikey 1.9s installed and was doing something to one of the IOS when things went a bit wonky.
    i had 3.3e installed before all this and my first step was to install bootmii and take a backup.

however i cant get the backup to work, i used the file that fixes the key and attaches it the nand but still nothing

i have tried restoring 5 times but still get just a back screen after the bootmii screen.

would anyone have any sugestions as to what i can do here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

what 4.2E update did you use official or one of the hacked ones? and which cIOS? and are you sure you did the install in the correct order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

i posted this on anoter site, i dont think the links are an issue.
    tbh,i aint got a clue what i am doing, the plan was to learn as i go with the nand backup in case i screwed up

hi,
    i managed to brick my wii (not sure how)
    i have a wiikey 1.9s, the wii was on 3.3e
    i hadnt used it in over a year but thought i would need to update to 4.2e and make some mods to the IOS (again not 100% sure what i am up to )

i followed the guide here:
    HOWTO: Safely Upgrade To System Menu 4.2 Ade's Softmodding Wii blog

and successfully installed bootmii and made a nand backup prior to updating

i then followed this guide as i had the impression i needed to (did i?)
    http://sites.google.com/site/complet...trucha-bug-4-2

after that my HBC was upside down so i tried this guide
    http://sites.google.com/site/complet...-stuff/fix-hbc
    but it didnt work.

assuming i had screwed something up (and expecting that i would, hence the nand backup) i proceeded to restore the backup
    i intially got an error so used the following command to get the restore to take
    copy /B nand.bin + key.bin newnand.bin

after that i had a black screen after the bootmii screen whether i loaded the wii or the HBC
    i tried a tool Bootmii-KEYFIX.exe
    and did another restore but have the same issue.

i assumed my backup must have corrupted and i tried the sticky on this forum (unbrick with bootmii but no nand backup)
    but i cant get wadmanager to load (black screen)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The upside down HBC is a simple fix, there was no need to restore the nand. Its done purposely by the hbc team, as an annoyance to those with a fake signed trucha.

There is a tool used for signing the cios in question which fixes the upside down thing.

Fortunatley Ive never bricked my wii (just as well as I have one of the bold boy wii's where bootmii cant be installed as boot2), so Ive no experience at all in this end of it. But assuming your nand dump checks out, then I dont think your screwed. Just keep reading the wii forums, someone with the right knowlwdge should sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I've used RestoreMii quite a few times to restore my wii after I went mad with cIOS and trying this and that - never had the problem you're having OP - provided the NAND dump I was restoring was the correct one I was always able to get back to my System Menu.

Advertisement