Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Nights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

PS - sorry.. this thread is descending into Peter Kay's live performances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Shinyboots

basquille wrote: »

PS - sorry.. this thread is descending into Peter Kay's live performances.

ok back to PN.....one of the best is when max and paddy get the ear pieces and max goes off on the bus to get chips.....Max Max get back here it's all kickn off,

Shinyboots wrote: »
    ok back to PN.....one of the best is when max and paddy get the ear pieces and max goes off on the bus to get chips.....Max Max get back here it's all kickn off,
    Did you ever see the bloopers on Phoenix Nights? There's about an hours worth on season 1 and 2. There's one of Peter practising the fall Max does on the way back.. fantastic!

Absolutely hilarious stuff!

Just a snippet of them..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

I own, in my mind, what is the essential Peter Kay DVD releases - the 2 Phoenix Nights series and his Live 2 DVD boxset (Top Of The Tower / Bolton Albert Hall). Everything since has been repackaging of bits of the two live DVD's above (and the "Live at Manchester MEN Arena" which is the same tour as "Bolton Albert Hall") into 55 minute packages.

I could be misinterpreting you - but if you don't have That Peter Kay Thing, then you're missing one vital component in an 'essential Peter Kay DVD Release'.

You've already hit the nail on the head (and i paraphrase) with the point that it's the observation *as well as* the delivery that makes him funny. Seriously - TPKT, 7 mini documentaries on facets of life in Bolton, including the Neptune club, run by one Potter, B, is great. Not to mention the Bingo Hall which first introduces us to Keith Lard. I've had a look for the canteen scene in it, where the actors corpse so much, and can't find it on youtube, but seriously, go find the DVD. If you don't like it, i'll give you a tenner!

I could be misinterpreting you - but if you don't have That Peter Kay Thing, then you're missing one vital component in an 'essential Peter Kay DVD Release'.
    Sorry.. have that too! :p

Completely forgot about it as I haven't watched it in ages!

• Advertisement

Shinyboots wrote: »

When the dwarves are approaching the club and Max says to Paddy "How far away are they?"

You've already hit the nail on the head (and i paraphrase) with the point that it's the observation *as well as* the delivery that makes him funny. Seriously - TPKT, 7 mini documentaries on facets of life in Bolton, including the Neptune club, run by one Potter, B, is great. Not to mention the Bingo Hall which first introduces us to Keith Lard. I've had a look for the canteen scene in it, where the actors corpse so much, and can't find it on youtube, but seriously, go find the DVD. If you don't like it, i'll give you a tenner!

I like the one where he was an angry ice cream van driver!

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I like the one where he was an angry ice cream van driver!

yea he used to listen in on the police radio and when there was a crime scene be there selling ice creams....no that's comedy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

When the dwarves are approaching the club and Max says to Paddy "How far away are they?"
    Class.

My personal favourite was the one-legged Elvis impersonator - Blue Suede Shoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

You are the wiiiiindddd beneath myyyyy wheeeeeeells... :D

Or when he's stuck on the stairs chairlift... What would Thora Hird do?!! :P

• Advertisement

Trotter wrote: »
    You are the wiiiiindddd beneath myyyyy wheeeeeeells... :D

Or when he's stuck on the stairs chairlift... What would Thora Hird do?!! :P

You broke me door,you broke me door!

Love the scene in Phoenix Nights when Jerry and Brian are fighting:

Brian: "You should try walk a mile in my shoes Jerry"
    Jerry: "You oughta try it yeself Brian"
    Brian: "Oooooh, that was a bit below the belt"
    Jerry: "Well if it was, you wouldnt of felt it"
    Brian: "Oh oh oh.. go on.. go for the hat-trick Jerry, go on....slash me tires!"

And one of the best visual gags ever - when the dwarves are coming to the door for the stag night:

Max: 'How far away are they?'

Brian: "Oh oh oh.. go on.. go for the hat-trick Jerry, go on....slash me tires!"

And one of the best visual gags ever - when the dwarves are coming to the door for the stag night:

See post 37!

See post 37!
    Apologies..

.. completely missed it!

class,

Jerry St Clair: ...and what made you apply for this job?
    Spencer: The DSS.
    Jerry St Clair: And why do you think I should give it to you?
    Spencer: Because it will be the DSS paying me wages and it won't cost you a penny.
    Jerry St Clair: Really?
    Spencer: Yeah.
    Jerry St Clair: When can you start? Welcome to the Phoenix, Spencer lad.

Brian "I know a pissed horse when I see it.Get it a kebab"

"Its Half A Shilling,not the Who"

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

That show is gold...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Was off sick the last couple of days and watched it again. There is a scene in the first series where Brian asks Gerry about dating. Gerry is washing his hands under a dryer so you can't here what he saying. When he's finished and the dryer goes off all he says is "covered in piss"!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Phoenix Nights is 100% quality - definitely one of the best comedies of the last 20 years. A personal favourite is the quiz episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bktZ7ZnqJX0#t=02m06s

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I can't see youtube in work. Love the part of that episode were Kenny senior goes out to ring his mam for the answer. He hadn't spoken to her in yonks!!

• Advertisement

Ah how annoying that youtube is blocked...

thats a great episode...
    Jerry is off his tits.. hahaha!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ryaner77

Met the whole phoenix nights crew (except peter) when they did the jumping on the bandwagon tour here in the olyimpa.

Kenny snr , kenny jnr, holy mary, paddy and dave spikey all doing stand up.

It was the about the same time as the smoking ban came in and just walked down the lane beside the olympia and there they all were having a smoke.

They invited us back to a party in the gaiety as part of the bulmers comedy festival where dave mcsavage was doing an awful awful set and he just died on stage.

They were all great craic and talked to us all night about phoenix nights and what it was like to make it.

Still have my ticket at home in a frame signed by them all.

Cool story...
    had spencer the mad glasses on?
    dave mcsavage is cat...

hyperbaby wrote: »
    Ah how annoying that youtube is blocked...

thats a great episode...
    Jerry is off his tits.. hahaha!!!

the one were Paddy get's the spray for his hair and he ends up lookn like alvin stardust!!!!! class....

no Dublin dates yet, those Belfast ones are DEC 2010???

Yeah.. don't know if he'll do a Dublin date.

Might buy some for Belfast anyways... a bit steep at £38 but will make a weekend out of it.

It is madness that they're selling tickets for a gig in 12 months time.

Yeah.. don't know if he'll do a Dublin date.

Might buy some for Belfast anyways... a bit steep at £38 but will make a weekend out of it.

It is madness that they're selling tickets for a gig in 12 months time.

ah he has to play dublin.....

Hope he has got some new material for this tour!

• Advertisement

Hope he has got some new material for this tour!
    After 7 years off, I'd imagine so! :D

Advertisement