Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone lost, got it barred....found it again!

• 20-11-2009 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

My sister lost her phone 3 days ago, so rang up to get it blocked. Has claimed off the insurance and is waiting to hear about replacement phone.....now the old one has turned up. She wants to get the old one up and running again as there are no more of that model available and she does not want to change.
    Is it simple to get the barring turned off? Can't get through to vodafone customer service at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Maybe if they can cancel the insurance claim but if the insurance goes through then vodafone won't unbarr it. There may be ways however...

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

gpf101 wrote: »
    There may be ways however...

Legal ways????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PjC

Tarakiwa wrote: »
    Legal ways????

Not if you claim the new one AND get the other unbarred. Legally you'll have to do one or the other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

My sister lost her phone 3 days ago, so rang up to get it blocked. Has claimed off the insurance and is waiting to hear about replacement phone.....now the old one has turned up. She wants to get the old one up and running again as there are no more of that model available and she does not want to change.
    Is it simple to get the barring turned off? Can't get through to vodafone customer service at the moment.
    If you've made a claim for the lost-but-now-found handset, then legally, that handset is no longer yours but is now the property of the insurance company. To start using the handset again, without informing the insurance company, would be insurance fraud in the eyes of the law.

Did you take the insurance out with Vodafone? Because then I'd be very surprised if they'll unbar it for you. They may insist you return the handset to them or will reverse the decision to process your claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

No not legal ways. Cannot discuss them here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Tarakiwa wrote: »
    Legal ways????

Careful now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Frank3142

hi i lost my phone will i still be able to keep my old number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Frank3142 wrote: »
    hi i lost my phone will i still be able to keep my old number?
    Yes, go into a phone shop and get a replacement SIM.

Advertisement