Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science

Options
  • 20-11-2009 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

Which is really the best university for earth science(or science in general)UCD or TCD??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

betafrog wrote: »
    <insert biased remark because you posted in a forum populated by students entirely from one college>

I posted in TCD tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

betafrog wrote: »
    Yes, but, there's no point... Do you honestly expect to get people in TCD saying ah yeah sure, UCD's science program is better but I thought I'd settle for TCD.... or vice versa

Well actually I was talking to a girl from TCD who said she was sorry she didnt look further into UCD science before she went to TCD,she didnt say anything was wrong with TCD science I just want to know why people say UCD science is better oki doki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

TirNaNog. wrote: »
    Which is really the best university for earth science(or science in general)UCD or TCD??

Well, it's obviously UCD, I mean c'mon.

Seriously though, you'd be looking at either the Science omnibus or Climate and Earth Systems science in UCD. The good thing about UCD in terms of science is that you can do Computer science modules through science, that come in handy later, which you cannot do through science in Trinity. Also in UCD you can do two "elective" modules from a course anywhere in UCD, which mean basically you can choose some subjects from Business, arts, etc., As they say in the UCD prospectus, it really does "Broaden your horizons". Might make you more employable after college too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

Climate and Earth science only came in this year in Tcd wheras denominated climate and earth sciene are in their third year nowso couldn't really tell you which uni is better, as there's been no graduates yet, but I can tell you a good bit about the Ucd course, as I share a few classes with them. This course is very maths based: you'd really want to be doing honours maths if you planned on studying it. Ucd has a maths support centre and lecurers are very approachable so you should have plenty of support if you're finding it difficult. You'll do all the geology courses, and a few physics ones as well. Seems like a very intersting course, with good jobs out there as well.

Yep its the earth and climate science that I fancy,
    I'm actually doing an access to science & Eng course in UCD(Immature student),so after xmas I might do the honours maths module instead of biology

If I do the omnibus I can always gatecrash the earth and climate science later?
    The earth science in trinity isnt linked with the MET office is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

TirNaNog. wrote: »
    Yep its the earth and climate science that I fancy,
    I'm actually doing an access to science & Eng course in UCD(Immature student),so after xmas I might do the honours maths module instead of biology

If I do the omnibus I can always gatecrash the earth and climate science later?
    The earth science in trinity isnt linked with the MET office is it?

You can do earth science through the omnibus science in UCD, yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

There's a lot more choice with Science in UCD, this is good and bad.

You cant do any computer science through general science in TCD.

Advertisement