Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Almera boot leak solution ?

• 20-11-2009 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi , hoping to find advice form someone with similar experience or hopefully someone in the trade.
    Its an 05 almera saloon.

I identified a small leak getting in at rear left hand side light fitting. The water is appearing from behind a riveted panel. (see pic1 the left hand side panel,which is the higher panel where the rear light fitting is mounted)

I tested by pouring water around boot lid. The water is somehow making its way behind the drain channel and appearing behind the riveted panel.

The water is collecting fairly quickly in the base of the boot.

The 2nd pic shows the drain channel where the water should run down, but somehow its getting in to the boot.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I had the same trouble in a focus. Water would travel up a cable going to the rear lights and settle in the wheel well. There was no mud flap on that side. The fix was some Tech 7 water proof sealant (that stuff can be used under water!). There was a pool of water every week in the wheel well, but it's gone now. Any water proof type sealant should do the trick, but I recommend that stuff, it's about €8 in any hardware place.

You could partily remove the boot seal and apply the sealant to it. Judging from the pic it looks like the area the rain's getting in.

Advertisement