Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Limerick garda changes his mind on early retirement

Options
  • 20-11-2009 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

MAYOR of Limerick Kevin Kiely and Defence Minister Willie O'Dea have persuaded one of Limerick's top gardai not to take early retirement from his job.
    Detective Inspector Jim Browne, 53, has confirmed to Minister O'Dea and Mayor Kiely that he has changed his mind following calls by them on him not to leave his post.

Det Insp Browne, a leading figure in the fight against gangland crime, had announced his impending departure and retirement parties were being organised by his colleagues.

"He has an enormous role in the frontline of gang crime in Limerick city. His resignation would have been an enormous loss because of his experience and knowledge in this area and I am thrilled that after I and the mayor have spoken to him, he changed his mind," said Minister O Dea.

Only weeks ago, the mayor asked the Government to intervene on the massive brain drain from gardai in the city, which has included the retirement of Chief Superintendent Gerry Mahon.

"I would love to see Gerry Mahon following suit and changing his mind, because he still has a lot to offer, but I will respect his wishes," said Mayor Kiely.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Top-L … 5843303.jp

Allegedly Paul Williams brokered a great deal to bring Jim Browne back so he can keep a finger on the pulse of what's going on in Limerick. It’s rumored that Browne has been promised the Chief Super's job if he doesn't retire.

It's nice to see a dublin journalist dictating who is in the top job in the gardi in Limerick City!
    Tagged:

Advertisement