Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roy Keanes Comments, [Mod Warning Post #146]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

hes a waste of space,he never said one good thing how good the ireland played,any chance he get,he will give low blows too fai and what happened too poor him,get over it keane ,its not about fai,its about what happened,so who gives a toss what keane says,i dont and never did

You clearly do if you're replying to this thread? :rolleyes:

Think everyone needs to take off the green tinted glasses and look objectively at what he's saying before burning him at the stake. If that is at all possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Here's footage of the actual press conference - worth a watch to get a feel for the circumstances behind things - obviously Roy wasnt in that great form anyway.

Sadly doesn't should the build up to the question which prompted the relevant bits.

Also worth watching for the bit about 2:30 in, when a phone goes off for the second time. :eek::mad::D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/8370327.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

You clearly do if you're replying to this thread? :rolleyes:

Think everyone needs to take off the green tinted glasses and look objectively at what he's saying before burning him at the stake. If that is at all possible.

i clearly i dont,just surprised as some like you do when hes doing so well at the club he managing,1 win in 16,where where there defence and goalkeeper

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

hes a waste of space,he never said one good thing how good the ireland played,any chance he get,he will give low blows too fai and what happened too poor him,get over it keane ,its not about fai,its about what happened,so who gives a toss what keane says,i dont and never did
    But the FAI is always relevant to how the team plays, you can't have a winning team without a strong board behind you and no matter how good the players play they will always be held back by a bunch of incompetents grossly out of their depth. They should've been screaming about the corruption in Fifaa that allowed the qualifiers be seeded and screaming for video technology not make Irish football fans look silly demanding a replay that we knew we were never going to get. Ireland is a small Island that to many people outside is inconsequent to be heard we need to fight by their rules not demand special treatment, if we could have even put sustained pressure on fifa to address the lack of video technology we at least could've raised our profile internationally a little this call for a replay is already old news sadly and will be quickly and permanently forgotten beyond these shores.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I assume everyone still thinks Delaney is an absolute tool

yes always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

That's the point. France were outplayed for 90 minutes and should have lost. They must have been crushed and Ireland should have been flying high. What happens. France demolish Ireland for 30 minutes. Where was the strong mentality then. if the team were happy to bring it to that stage then they should have had the metal to continue in the same vain for 30 minutes. But they didn't. they choked the same way they choked in the second half of the first match

but they didnt demolish us for 30 minutes, they got one dubious goal. we had chances but we didnt take them. united lost games when keane was a player, sometimes you lose no matter how well you play. we dont take enough of our chances, we dont make enough good chances. not because we were mentally weak because we are technically weak. how anyone can criticise the mentality of the team on wednesday is beyond me. saturday we were poor, thats were we lost the tie. wednesday the team were fantastic for 120 minutes. keanes right about the replay stuff, its embarrassing, hes right about the fai. hes not right the team. they were huge on wednesday, but we lost. it happens.

up too french federation and then maybe fifa will ok replay but dont see it happening,

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

Ireland played poorly at Croke Park, Ireland missed good chances in Paris, Ireland defended a free kick badly in the final minute, the officials missed an off-side and a handball, the combination of these things means we missed out on a penalty shoot-out (not missed out on the world cup as many here state).
    Roy Keane was simply pointing out (as ever) we should concentrate on what we can improve ourselves and not on things outside our control.
    Fair play Roy, a man with a winners mentality.

bigstar wrote: »
    but they didnt demolish us for 30 minutes, they got one dubious goal. we had chances but we didnt take them. united lost games when keane was a player, sometimes you lose no matter how well you play. we dont take enough of our chances, we dont make enough good chances. not because we were mentally weak because we are technically weak. how anyone can criticise the mentality of the team on wednesday is beyond me. saturday we were poor, thats were we lost the tie. wednesday the team were fantastic for 120 minutes. keanes right about the replay stuff, its embarrassing, hes right about the fai. hes not right the team. they were huge on wednesday, but we lost. it happens.
    True but mistakes will be made in every game win draw or loose, mistakes that need to analysed and mistakes were made most notably McShane being allowed near the pitch. Without analysing these they will only be made again and we will continue to almost make it when in reality we can make it.

up too french federation and then maybe fifa will ok replay but dont see it happening,

c'mon man,a replay for what, a bad referee decision. will we have replays when penos arent given, or a player should have been sent off. we lost. its a cruel game sometimes. time to stop crying about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Dimitri wrote: »
    "Of course he handled it but"...

He has plenty criticism for players and Delaney (not saying that there is no place for that) but then goes on and says Henry isn't a cheat - "he bent the rules but we see cheating going on all the time in games".
    When asked should it be stopped 'yeah of course'

I dont understand why he cannot take the opportunity to say - this is just another example of cheating in the game which cannot be condoned and must be dealt with. Ireland had chances they didn't make the most of and their problems in defence were X,Y,Z.
    Lambaste players who take the opportunity to cheat, it's disappointing that he's using it solely as an opportunity to attack the FAI and Irish team set up once again.

And for anyone ready to laugh at things http://www.jeu-de-main.com/
    I lol'd btw:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Granted he doesn't like the FAI and he is quite bitter, but do you think any of his points are valid?

No-one listens to him anymore. His original "argument" is drenched in personal vitriol. If he's so interested in trying to change how the FAI thinks, then why doesn't he apply to join the board instead of being a media whore??

c'mon man,a replay for what, a bad referee decision. will we have replays when penos arent given, or a player should have been sent off. we lost. its a cruel game sometimes. time to stop crying about it.

what you think a replay for,wake up,peopel are far from crying,but a give up attuide like yours,i guess wont happen

what you think a replay for,wake up,peopel are far from crying,but a give up attuide like yours,i guess wont happen

He doesn't have a "give up attitude". He's being realistic. We aren't going to get a replay. GET OVER IT.

No-one listens to him anymore. His original "argument" is drenched in personal vitriol. If he's so interested in trying to change how the FAI thinks, then why doesn't he apply to join the board instead of being a media whore??

I listen, when you cut through all the poor me crap, your left with some gems of wisdom, the type of thing you won't get from many other managers who are painfully diplomatic and they could sit in front of a mic for days and talk incessantly without telling you anything. I'd love to see him on the fai board we need someone there with a winning mentality.

He doesn't have a "give up attitude". He's being realistic. We aren't going to get a replay. GET OVER IT.
    another giver upper

another giver upper

facepalm1.jpg

another giver upper

:rolleyes:. No, I am a realist. We're not goin to get a bloody replay. End of story.

facepalm1.jpg

another one

• Advertisement

another one

Get over it ffs. Its only a game, not the end of mankind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Keane turns it into a chance to have a pop at the FAI over 2002, big lad isn't he. He should be concentrating on trying to keep his job and keep Ipswich up.

True but mistakes will be made in every game win draw or loose, mistakes that need to analysed and mistakes were made most notably McShane being allowed near the pitch. Without analysing these they will only be made again and we will continue to almost make it when in reality we can make it.

yes mistakes will be made and they should be analysed and corrected. but the mentality of the players had nothing to do with france going to the world cup. we attacked and dominated the french for the entirety of the game. there wasnt a irish loser on that pitch. we werent holding out for a draw, we went for the win. we just didnt get it.

i cant accept this losing mentality thing, weve had it in spades in a lot of games, the first leg tie, the italy game at home and a lot more, but on wednesday we played like champions, it just didnt happen, no excuses, it just didnt happen.

Villain wrote: »
    Keane turns it into a chance to have a pop at the FAI over 2002, big lad isn't he. He should be concentrating on trying to keep his job and keep Ipswich up.

good job hes not the irish manager as we wouldnt have been in paris

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Who cares what he has to say? A pathetic manager and horrible man like Keane will get whats coming to him soon with the sack.

The biggest disgrace in Irish football, how he has the audacity to criticise our players is just remarkable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

roy, for once, you're spot on.

if only your personal issues with the FAI didn't make you sound like a bitter and twisted man.

and yes, people need to realise we're not going to get a replay. i jumped on the bandwagon as much as anyone demanding one, and getting angry as f*ck in the process; but at some point we're going to have to get realistic and realise it won't happen.

you can feel as cheated as you want.

but it's not going to happen.

nor should it.

someone else said it best; sh*t happens.

after a couple of days, it's really about time people calmed down, took a step back, and put things in perspective.

• Advertisement

Get over it ffs. Its only a game, not the end of mankind.

i am laddy:D

your a funny guy.

i suppose posting on an internet forum is your idea of fighting the good fight. keep on truckin man.

your a funny guy.

i suppose posting on an internet forum is your idea of fighting the good fight. keep on truckin man.

let me see, NO :D

i am lady:D

FIXXED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Villain wrote: »

ask a man what colour is the sky, he'll answer blue.

• Advertisement

FIXXED

good for you mickey

good for you mickey

Go away. Please.

Back on topic: Keane was obviously using it as an opportunity to deflect attention away from the utterly ***** job he's doing at Ipswich!

Great player(who has a massive chip on his shoulder) - **** manager.

He should join yer man Ferguson in the dole queues.

Go away. Please.

Back on topic: Keane was obviously using it as an opportunity to deflect attention away from the utterly ***** job he's doing at Ipswich!

Great player(who has a massive chip on his shoulder) - **** manager.

He should join yer man Ferguson in the dole queues.

think this has been said already

think this has been said already

Just repeating it for your benefit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

greendom wrote: »
    Not from me - you have to admire his integrity - he just doesn't care that his statement will annoy virtually the whole Irish population. It's what he believes and he says it

adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty. = Definition to integrity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_st29mlQwU

There is no way that Roy Keanes name should ever be mentioned in the same sentence as the word integrity!!:mad:.

No amount of talking him up can excuse his past actions!!!

Just repeating it for your benefit.

your so kind :D, i think we all know

adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty. = Definition to integrity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_st29mlQwU

There is no way that Roy Keanes name should ever be mentioned in the same sentence as the word integrity!!:mad:.

No amount of talking him up can excuse his past actions!!!

well said

Can we stop talking about this attention-seeking ****wit now, please?? Its making me nauseous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The same way the French economic minister was using it to distract from the French pulling out of recession. Or Brian Jensen using it to distract from a good season with Burnley. or Mick McCarthy using it to distract from the fact Wolves are keeping their heads above water. Or Arsene Wenger using it to distract from the fact that Arsenal are only second in the league ATM etc. etc. etc.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

SlickRic wrote: »
    roy, for once, you're spot on.

if only your personal issues with the FAI didn't make you sound like a bitter and twisted man.

and yes, people need to realise we're not going to get a replay. i jumped on the bandwagon as much as anyone demanding one, and getting angry as f*ck in the process; but at some point we're going to have to get realistic and realise it won't happen.

you can feel as cheated as you want.

but it's not going to happen.

nor should it.

someone else said it best; sh*t happens.

after a couple of days, it's really about time people calmed down, took a step back, and put things in perspective.

Just seen the comments on ssn.I think there shouldn't be a replay as it would set a precedent of huge implications for football if replays were allowed because of cheating,dodgy penos etc.

The game should never have went to extra time as we had the chances to kill the tie but never took them, and for me that's the only disappointment. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The same way the French economic minister was using it to distract from the French pulling out of recession. Or Brian Jensen using it to distract from a good season with Burnley. or Mick McCarthy using it to distract from the fact Wolves are keeping their heads above water. Or Arsene Wenger using it to distract from the fact that Arsenal are only second in the league ATM etc. etc. etc.?

yep.

the thing people forget is he wa asked the question directly, as were everyone else in that list.

No, not the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

No, not the same.

So when as a former Irish captain and undoubtably one of their three best players ever and a veteran of many a campaign when he's asked the question do you just expect him to ignore it and walk on?

So when as a former Irish captain and undoubtably one of their three best players ever and a veteran of many a campaign when he's asked the question do you just expect him to ignore it and walk on?

He doesnt have to ignore it, no. He should've politely declined the offer to answer the question. Instead he just used it to shoot his gob off. Everyone knows his feelings on the FAI, so there was no need to repeat the same old c**p again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

The amount of absusive terms being thrown around here at Roy Keane is getting ridiculous, you all accepted the forum charter when applying for access here. If there is more abusive language used in the rest of this thread red cards WILL be handed out. You've been warned. We're all grown ups here, let's have a constructive debate instead of being reduced to silly digs.

He doesnt have to ignore it, no. He should've politely declined the offer to answer the question. Instead he just used it to shoot his gob off. Everyone knows his feelings on the FAI, so there was no need to repeat the same old c**p again.

Watch the interview mate, he only mentions the FAI and Delaney after he's questioned about it.

People calling Roy Keane bitter would want to have a look at the vitriol they're posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Roy Keane was a great player.

Roy Keane is not a great manager.

The vitriol and viciousness of this attack (watch the utter hate in his face) is totally out of order.

Who was the manager who brought Paul McShane to Sunderland? Roy Keane

The man has become a parody of himself.

He says Ireland must move on and then brings up Saipan to complain that he didn't get a call from an FAI suit. Smacks of pettiness to be honest.

Ireland should have defended the (offside) free kick better. Yeah, a la Ipswich this season?

I find Roy Keane telling anyone to move on and "get over it" highly ironic. :rolleyes:

Watch the interview mate, he only mentions the FAI and Delaney after he's questioned about it.

People calling Roy Keane bitter would want to have a look at the vitriol they're posting.

I know he does. It's obvious that he's still bitter, though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

He says Ireland must move on and then brings up Saipan to complain that he didn't get a call from an FAI suit. Smacks of pettiness to be honest.

Ireland should have defended the (offside) free kick better. Yeah, a la Ipswich this season?

Bang on!

Advertisement