Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roy Keanes Comments, [Mod Warning Post #146]

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

If he had kept it nice and impersonal it would have been a very reasonable interview..
    even I was saying wtf were the players standing around for..u always play to the fúcking whistle...
    But obviously Roy still has some grudges with the FAI to work through :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

ok i havent read any of this thread as the subject irks me. roy should mind hid own business. i watched the interview where he gave his views and he just sounds like a bitter old man who is trying anything to stay in the limelight. and if his approach to management is reflected by these views he will never be a top manager in my opinion...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

You can disagree with Keanes opinion or the manner of how he delivered it.

You can hate Keane as a person or a manager.

But people on here saying well done Delaney and the FAI, Jesus ye are embarrasing yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

mormank wrote: »
    ok i havent read any of this thread as the subject irks me. roy should mind hid own business. i watched the interview where he gave his views and he just sounds like a bitter old man who is trying anything to stay in the limelight. and if his approach to management is reflected by these views he will never be a top manager in my opinion...

I'll think we'll find the reason why Roy was so hostile on Friday.
    He is under serious pressure at Ipswich and is failing to turn it around.
    Last Sat's 0-0 with Wednesday could be the last straw.
    It has been reported this morning that meetings are taking place to put the sword into him and come up with a replacement.
    He applies the highest standards to everyone else but not to his own teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,465 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It has been reported this morning that meetings are taking place to put the sword into him and come up with a replacement.

who will take him on after this run with Ipswich?
    He really needs to go somewhere as N0.2 for a while, and learn more about man management and management in general, but I don't think he has the temperament to be a No.2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Roy's ego will never allow him to step down to be a number two, and his man management skills are non-existant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

i see what you're saying but i would imagine that roy keane probably has unrealistic expectations of his own team and this could cause massive problems within the dressing room as he fails to come to terms with the limitations of the players at his disposal. he never really handled defeat well as a player (one of the qualities that made him such a great player and leader on the pitch imo) and this is probably being transferred over to his management style. incidents such as slapping his captain while at sunderland then seem to creep in leading to a backlash from the players and then team spirit goes and i imagine it would be very hard for someone like roy to get back the dressing room if he loses it as he is too proud to admit when he is wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

who will take him on after this run with Ipswich?
    He really needs to go somewhere as N0.2 for a while, and learn more about man management and management in general, but I don't think he has the temperament to be a No.2.

He needs to go down a few divisions and learn man management skills. He needs to be a first team coach, or coach of a youth team for a few years. Think he also needs some serious counselling....?

Advertisement