Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Problem - Water Pressure

Options
  • 20-11-2009 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Looking for some help please folks.....

Have a Vokera 24m boiler (For the last two years)

Had problem last year over Christmas with boiler not working

Called Vokera out and it was down to the water pressure having dropped

Engineer showed me how to fill system with filling loop in hot press

Had some other problem with heating/water at some stage & the builder sent in his plumber - job "sorted" I presumed

Next time boiler pressure dropped I went to the hot press & noticed that the filling loop had been disconnected....

Had a plumber out for another job & he reconnected it for me & couldnt figure out why it had been disconnected in the first place

Anyway problem now is I have no pressure in boiler and when I open the filling loop there is no water coming through to let the pressure build up

Anyone any ideas???

Is there any way of getting water coming through the filling loop or should I get a plumber out??

Much Appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

duffer79 wrote: »
    Looking for some help please folks.....

Have a Vokera 24m boiler (For the last two years)

Had problem last year over Christmas with boiler not working

Called Vokera out and it was down to the water pressure having dropped

Engineer showed me how to fill system with filling loop in hot press

Had some other problem with heating/water at some stage & the builder sent in his plumber - job "sorted" I presumed

Next time boiler pressure dropped I went to the hot press & noticed that the filling loop had been disconnected....

Had a plumber out for another job & he reconnected it for me & couldnt figure out why it had been disconnected in the first place

Anyway problem now is I have no pressure in boiler and when I open the filling loop there is no water coming through to let the pressure build up

Anyone any ideas???

Is there any way of getting water coming through the filling loop or should I get a plumber out??

Much Appreciated

Because your meant to have the filling loop disconnected at all times when your not filling !! anybody that tells you otherwise doesnt know their stuff.
    The reason behind this is that a non return valve or valve may fail and leave central heating water into the mains .

if you have your filling loop and open it into a bucket whats the pressure like . Whats the pressue in the system like is there a pressure guage on it ? if yes what does it read .
    Is there a possibility your mains pressure isnt enough to pressurise the system

Advertisement