Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flooding threatening job

Options
  • 20-11-2009 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    There is a high possiblity that my work-place will have to close down on Monday due to the floods - if such a situation were to happen, what's the situation with wages? Would I have to go on unemployment benefit or would the employer still be obliged to pay us?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You can't claim unemployment benefits if you work more then 3 days a week for starters but I'd lean on that they would still have to pay for it. I'd go into work even if you think it is flooded and see what they direct you to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Your employer has to give you notice of termination and pay you for the notice period. After that it is Social welfare until you are re-employed.

Advertisement