Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking ticket

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Were there double yellow lines? Does not matter whose house it was if so, could even be your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did they clamp you or just ticket? Was it a warden or a private company?
    Any signs for park and display around?
    Pretty rotten to clamp inside an estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Tony Almeida

It was a ticket, and a warden i think. And no, i dont think there were yellow lines, even so the place was empty, there was loads of space around the road, car was one wheel up on kerb so it was tight off the road.

Im so pissed off. If i cant park there then i geniunely do not know where i could park

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

did you park in a bend by any chance? And on the kerb?

Or were you maybe obstructing the view?
    That could be the problem. (Do they not tell you on the ticket why they clamped ya? How on earth are you expected to learn from this if they don't tell ya what you did wrong?)

All it takes is one annoyed neighbour...;-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Hi, i was parked outside a friends house

exactly here: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=53.28311,-9.069718&daddr=&hl=en&geocode=&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=18&sll=53.283058,-9.069686&sspn=0.001899,0.004823&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=18

And got a parking ticket. I was in no way obstructing traffic, it was late on friday evening, and no cars were around. The house street was full so i had to park on the kerb..

Can they clamp me even though i was parked outside my friends house?

Dangerous parking, obstructing pedestrians.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

One of the local Councillors have been calling for parking enforcement in that area due to students leaving cars there all day and pissing off the residents

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

OP you parked on a kerb. That's an offence. Would you be posting here if you were breathalysed outside your friend's house and p.ssed off because you were only 1mg over the legal limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

probaly some busy body wit nothing better for doing reported you.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Its illegal to park on the footpath,,,and righly so....ever try and walk with 2 small kids and have to walk around a car thats up on a kerb?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

mossfort wrote: »
    probaly some busy body wit nothing better for doing reported you.

Or maybe someone using a wheelchair or crutches, or even just pushing a buggy, who had to go out onto the road to get around you.

OP - no sympathy here, you broke the law, you got caught, take the punishment. Next time, don't park on the kerb, simple as that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 hamid_awais

i think morally they should not clamp...may be they have some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JayMcD

you weren't parked outside your friends house so stop pleading the victim card, cuz I know who lives there, and theres plenty of space in the drive way for about 4 cars. Moyola park has turnned into a car park were students park everywhere, on blind corners on kerbs, infront of peoples houses, blocking them in. its ridiculus. The city council has talked to residence after massive complaints and near miss's with kids on blind corners, a comunity warden goes around 2 - 3 times everyday and gives tickets to every car using the place as a car park. notice how the 20 cars around you got tickets? or did you just get back from collage late? do not whine about getting a ticket when your using a residential estae as a car park, and dont lie about be outside a friends house. corrib village openned a large car park and run a park and ride service, use it, also that park and ride service runs through moyola, so now what was once a very queit residential estae has turnned into a bus route, car park, and a short cut for people avoiding traffic. park your car there and you'll get a ticket everytime, as the comunity warden knows who the residents and their cars are.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

Locky time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Locky time?
    i'm sure maqnus can moderate this thread without your help!!

Just a suggestion, dude. There can only be more insults from here on out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

JustMary wrote: »
    Or maybe someone using a wheelchair or crutches, or even just pushing a buggy, who had to go out onto the road to get around you.

OP - no sympathy here, you broke the law, you got caught, take the punishment. Next time, don't park on the kerb, simple as that.

Just what I was going to say...

Also it looks from your map that you parked on a bend!

JayMcD wrote: »
    you weren't parked outside your friends house so stop pleading the victim card, cuz I know who lives there, and theres plenty of space in the drive way for about 4 cars. Moyola park has turnned into a car park were students park everywhere, on blind corners on kerbs, infront of peoples houses, blocking them in. its ridiculus. The city council has talked to residence after massive complaints and near miss's with kids on blind corners, a comunity warden goes around 2 - 3 times everyday and gives tickets to every car using the place as a car park. notice how the 20 cars around you got tickets? or did you just get back from collage late? do not whine about getting a ticket when your using a residential estae as a car park, and dont lie about be outside a friends house. corrib village openned a large car park and run a park and ride service, use it, also that park and ride service runs through moyola, so now what was once a very queit residential estae has turnned into a bus route, car park, and a short cut for people avoiding traffic. park your car there and you'll get a ticket everytime, as the comunity warden knows who the residents and their cars are.
    Im very friendly with one of the girls in there Av...
    And the house was full of cars, i normally park on the drive. I was half parked on the kerb, late on a friday evening, so left plenty room for wheelchairs (why they would be going down there on a wheelchair ill never know) and was not providing an obstruction at all.

I was in the house. Which is why i was pissed off to find out i got a ticket when i was 10 yards away. I was blocking no one..

But maybe your just bitter your too useless and pathetic to own a car.

I do own a car, and I park it outside my house, that is if students havn't parked there, but if people like you continue to use my estate as a car park, I'll have to pay for the privilage, and you'll go find somewhere else and the residents will be left with a pay and display system. The community warden finishes at 17:30, so no tickets would be issued after that, or saturday, so you clearly weren't there late friday night. And as you said in your OP, there were no cars around yet the street was full, how is that posible? the path is for pedestrians not a parking space. Your upset that you got a ticket in an estate were you taught it would be safe to park, you wouldn't be shocked if you got one in town, just like the residents are shocked how there home has turned into a car park. but to make my point clear to everyone, I'll take pics on monday and show people what I and residents have to put up with since Collage started. As I said before, use the park and ride facility provided, and you wont get any more tickets, or be looking for sympathy on boards.

Just a suggestion, dude. There can only be more insults from here on out.
    But maybe your just bitter your too useless and pathetic to own a car.

:D

I do own a car, and I park it outside my house, that is if students havn't parked there, but if people like you continue to use my estate as a car park, I'll have to pay for the privilage, and you'll go find somewhere else and the residents will be left with a pay and display system. The community warden finishes at 17:30, so no tickets would be issued after that, or saturday, so you clearly weren't there late friday night. And as you said in your OP, there were no cars around yet the street was full, how is that posible? the path is for pedestrians not a parking space. Your upset that you got a ticket in an estate were you taught it would be safe to park, you wouldn't be shocked if you got one in town, just like the residents are shocked how there home has turned into a car park. but to make my point clear to everyone, I'll take pics on monday and show people what I and residents have to put up with since Collage started. As I said before, use the park and ride facility provided, and you wont get any more tickets, or be looking for sympathy on boards.

I wasnt in college, i work in athlone, i was visiting my friend.

Jeez your a really angry person. Maybe your bitter no one visits you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tony Almeida infracted for insult.
    Anyone care to try for a full ban?

I'm not the only "angry" person.

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/18439

ps. anyone who cares to visit corrib village park and ride facility will see its empty, about 10 cars in 300 parking spaces, 5 - 10 mins walk from NUI with a free bus service if walking isn't possible, yet every street, path, road, is filled with cars all around Newcastle.

My mom couldn't go to work last week as she was blocked in, couldn't work to pay for the house cuz people are too lazy to walk or catch a bus.
    and 20 - 30 parking tickets per day don't seem to have any effect so it will result in a pay and display system, for the residents and visitors to deal with when students find somewhere else to park.

I think my "anger" is justified,

pics tomorrow to show the situation

I'm not the only "angry" person.

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/18439

ps. anyone who cares to visit corrib village park and ride facility will see its empty, about 10 cars in 300 parking spaces, 5 - 10 mins walk from NUI with a free bus service if walking isn't possible, yet every street, path, road, is filled with cars all around Newcastle.

My mom couldn't go to work last week as she was blocked in, couldn't work to pay for the house cuz people are too lazy to walk or catch a bus.
    and 20 - 30 parking tickets per day don't seem to have any effect so it will result in a pay and display system, for the residents and visitors to deal with when students find somewhere else to park.

I think my "anger" is justified,

pics tomorrow to show the situation

If someone parked outside your house, and got a ticket, would you tell them to get to f*** and be so angry with them?

Being a keyboard warrior impresses no one you do know that.

Btw the girl i was visiting says that the "park and ride" facility is lacking the ride. they cant afford it. And its half hour away.

But that doesnt bother me cos i have a car :D

Yes I have, serveral times, bit sick of it to be honest, hence the frustration or "anger" as you call it, but its even more difficult when theres no one in the car blocking you, as there in collage.

And there is a bus service, they actually run it through moyola, nice place for a bus route, dont ye think?

and if this girl you were visiting lives in Moyola, why would she have any concern about a park and ride facility as she lives there??

and its 5 - 10 mis walk, unless your on cruches, maybe then it would be a half hour, but that doesn't seem to matter as she lives there, right? you know you were just visiting? and comunity wardens go around giving tickets late on friday nights, right?

Dont park your car around here, leave it in athlone and get the bus, cheaper than parking tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

They need to start clamping there; simple as. It's actually gone particularly bad everywhere this year; and it actually is very irritating when a randomer blocks your driveway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Tawny

Out of interest - What is a community warden? Like self appointed or council appointed?

Are there double yellow lines or no parking signs? I thought you could only be ticketed / clamped if parked on double yellow lines.

Why dont the council just put in a residents parking scheme? Not Pay and Display tickets - just a residents parking disc.

Also, people park around Newcastle when visiting the hospital, and its hard not to blame them. I was at the hospital for 4 hours one day and I can't remember exactly but I do remember that the parking charge was extortionate!

She's not worried about the park and ride, she mentioned the Uni couldnt afford the bus for it. I dunno, dont care.

What if it was a visitor of yours who got clamped thats my point.

I lived in corrib once, so i know from there its about 15 minutes from the concourse, so from there to the car park is about half an hour.

She knows all about that, but since the house was full of cars and i was only to be there 20 minutes then i thought it would be fine, since it was half 4.

Would you park in Galway, if visitng someone in Athlone?

BTW mate, if you dont move out of your house, you're never gonna get any mates. Probably why you're so angry at society, having a go at me for visiting friends and actually having the gall to park outside her house with my car! how dare i be a success at life :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Visiting a friends house in your car means that you're a success at life??

:confused:

Thought it was late friday night? now its half 4?

owning a car = success at life??

back home after working away for the last 4 years, the reccession brought me home, now I'm in NUI

and if parking was a hassle in athlone, I would leave my car at home outside my house without getting a ticket, for now at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Tawny wrote: »
    Are there double yellow lines or no parking signs? I thought you could only be ticketed / clamped if parked on double yellow lines.
    You can be clamped for any parking offence.
    Why dont the council just put in a residents parking scheme? Not Pay and Display tickets - just a residents parking disc.
    While this could be done, what about occasional visitors? Sure, you can issue visitor permits to residents, but what is a resident runs out of them?

Around DCU, they are planning on putting in a residents' parking scheme with pay and display with the income going back into the neighbourhood.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement