Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamhack SFIV tourny

Options
  • 20-11-2009 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

In Lovely Sweden

Details

Players

Stream

Was thinking of going but my passport is out :(

mod edit: No posting NSFW images, please.

*swedish bikini models unlikely to attend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

**** the money you get a flashlight too for winning :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

50000 SEK Jesus that's like. A whole 20 quid! :p

Alright it's actually nearly 5000 euro

Ry

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I see an Irish player on the player list by the name of Chunkis, anyone know who this guy is or anyone played him?

Almost €3,000 for first place plus a sponsored flash light! :D

Most look into sponsorhship for our ranbats. Surely Capcom will give us a few €100,000 euro or more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Anyone know the guy with the Irish flag - chunkis

I asked first! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES

You?

Awesome.

Screw their non Irish heads into the ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Mate of mine lives in Stockholm and been looking for an excuse to visit him. This might be it...

Nah I just meant the unknown Irish lad. :pac:

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Nah I just meant the unknown Irish lad. :pac:

Oh.

Well now you're after getting me excited, you have to go do it.

Chop chop

• Advertisement

...A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Having a mare trying to figure out where the place is.

Ryanair fly to Stockholm Skavsta for a hundred quid. Flying out on the thursday and coming back on the saturday or sunday.

I want to go. Have mates who were at it last year and they say it was amazing. Anyone up for it?

EDIT : esports.ie is the top two pages from Ireland Dreamhack Winter 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

I don't think Chunkis is Irish? I know he's an active head on Neo Empire and he was at SVB, but I think he's part of the London scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

His flag on the dreamhack site is irish.

Irishman living abroad situation?

I don't think Chunkis is Irish? I know he's an active head on Neo Empire and he was at SVB, but I think he's part of the London scene.

e:
    HMUYA wrote:
    Having a mare trying to figure out where the place is.

Ryanair fly to Stockholm Skavsta for a hundred quid. Flying out on the thursday and coming back on the saturday or sunday.

I want to go. Have mates who were at it last year and they say it was amazing. Anyone up for it?

EDIT : esports.ie is the top two pages from Ireland Dreamhack Winter 2009
    Since they closed the Dublin -> Gothenburg flights, I went through to Skavsta for the last Dreamhack. I'd say save yourself the trouble and just wait at Stansted (overnight, if you have to) and then go to Gothenburg since it actually works out roughly the same or cheaper (although maybe not anymore since it's coming up next week, so flights are more likely to cost more than their usual one cent and taxes). However, I'll provide some help if you choose either way.

From Gothenburg Airport, you have to get a bus to the bus/train station (which is outside after every flight. Should be a green bus but don't be afraid to ask the driver, unless s/he looks really old, they'll speak English) and then go to the SWEBus desk and ask for the next bus to Jonkoping (pronounced Yonkoping). It'll be the last stop so you don't have to worry about switches or anything.

If you choose to go from Skavsta Airport, you get a bus to Nykoping (pronounced Neeshaping) and then depending on what time you arrive there, could end up waiting up to two hours just to get a bus to Jonkoping. You'll have to pay attention when you're on that bus as well as it's not the last stop. Depending on the bus you get, you may also have to switch halfway through.

For hotel recommendations, I'd say go for Hotel Formule 1. The rooms are very simple, there's not a lot of space and the facilities are communal (self cleaning toilets/showers) but since you'll probably be spending the vast majority of your time at DH and only going back to sleep, it shouldn't be a problem. There's a double and a single bunk, so if two people don't mind cuddling up :-P, it'll come to around £10 pppn, probably less. It's a <5 minute walk from the venue as well, and you can get food from inside the venue, at a burger/kebab shop just outside called Sibella (and it's not bad, either!), or from the Statoil gas station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

I don't think Chunkis is Irish?

Did an auld google and he's on SRK , don't think he's Irish, it says he's from the UK. He could be Northern Irish though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I believe the story with this Chunkis fella - whose signature I have on the underside of my HRAP (it was there when I bought it off Kyle, though - I've never actually met him) - is that he was born in the Republic and currently lives in London. As Roogle said, he's a Neo Empire regular.

What? People get him to sign sticks? He must be good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Chunkis is Irish alright. lives in England but Does be back here from time to time, He was looking to come to a meet up once.

He's currently banned off neo empire :pac:

Probably a Guile player.

• Advertisement

Azza wrote: »
    Probably a Guile player.

Yes, that would explain why he's good enough to play in international tournaments.

He's primarily a ST head, not sure what he plays in IV though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Gootecks and Cami are going too.
    http://www.thestream.tv/watch.php?v=1895

Marn and justin and Ryan Hart aswell. oh and Zak. Tiger!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

>Jwonggg

Well, there goes any hope anybody else ever had of winning.
    So is he considered world #2 yet?

pssh maybe the EU will surprise those Americans and become the new japan!

<_<

>_>

:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sweden isn't as great as people think, well Stockholm isn't. Yes the women are nice but the nightclubs operate on a face policy were if you aren't good looking enough you don't get in. Also they 'don't do drunk'. You'll get turfed out of the place, usually unceremoniously, if you even get a little tipsy.

IE Retro showed up in his Sakura outift after having downed a shoulder of Huzzar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Yeah he's Irish for sure.

He is indeed, had the pleasure of meeting the man at our last session up north. Sound guy and very solid player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Ryan Hart just won 3-2, 3-2 to take it vs Xian.
    Xian got impaitent & panicked when his Sim was down to a silver & ryan throwing out a barrage of moves & tiger shots (See AnimaX for discription)

He won 7k & a free energizer torch, batteries were unfortunatly, not included.

Advertisement