Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas Ideas for the Mother that Has Everything!

Options
  • 20-11-2009 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hi all, well as the thread suggests, my mother is the kind of woman that's impossible to buy presents for, worse still after xmas her bday is New Year's Day so not only one will suffice. Myself and my sister end up wracking our brains every year to come up with ideas but at this stage we are coming up empty. We have done clothes vouchers, spa vouchers, jewelery, make up, clothes and meal vouchers so any other ideas would be great.

She is a woman of limited interests unfortunately, not a reading or music fan at all, doesn't really watch much telly and has clothes, shoes and handbags to fill numerous closets. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Does your mum do much cooking/baking/home entertaining, etc? If so, you could go along the lines of buying tableware, cutlery sets, set of classes, new crockery, tablecloths, etc. etc. etc.

Or what about some other bits and pieces for around the house? Rugs, new pieces of furniture (antique furniture isn't as expensive as it was a while back),etc. Or you could offer to redecorate a room(s) for her in her house?

Or you could try booking a weekend away for her somewhere, if she's into travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

Sorry not sure if you are male or female but if you are female how about book her a weekend away for you, her and you sister. Just head up the country for a night or two there are some great deals out there at the moment.

What about making a photo album, something along the lines of 'this is your life' with photos from her childhood up to the present, and marking all the special occasions in her life. Or a family history?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

What about something for her garden - a water feature, sun dial, a bench, perhaps a tree....
    Would she appreciate a cookery course, the Cooks Academy in Dun Laoghaire do some great ones.
    Another idea would be to get a stylist to call to the house and do 'wardrobe weeding'. I got that for Christmas last year and it was the best present ever.A very friendly and professional stylist calls to her house and basically goes through what suits her and then goes through her wardrobe putting together outfits and accessories(and throwing the unsuitable stuff into charity bags). She then gives you guidelines for future shopping and emails suggestions for your individual style. I don't think we are allowed mention names here but you can pm me for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lo_Ha

convert wrote: »
    What about making a photo album, something along the lines of 'this is your life' with photos from her childhood up to the present, and marking all the special occasions in her life. Or a family history?

A photo album is a really nice idea, but I would include the whole family as well as just her. If you got little messages from relations and put them at the bottom of pictures that might be cute, something she could read over in the future.

• Advertisement

Lo_Ha wrote: »
    A photo album is a really nice idea, but I would include the whole family as well as just her. If you got little messages from relations and put them at the bottom of pictures that might be cute, something she could read over in the future.

Ooops. Should probably have specified that in my post! :o

Advertisement