Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini pigs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gripp

google pennywell pigs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

They are so cute. I want one. How would they be around other animals? Would dog see it as dinner?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Woow_Aqualung

lisajane wrote: »
    They are so cute. I want one. How would they be around other animals? Would dog see it as dinner?

I suppose that would depend on what type of dog. I have a west highland terrier and I can trust her around other animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

they would be fine with other dogs as long as they are introduced carefully.

Ive wanted a pet pig all my life, and recently they've become 'cool' (even more so now the beckhams have two!).

www.littlepigfarm.co.uk seems to be the expert in them, but she's been all over the media recently so id say shes inundated with orders.

also, i've only researched littlepigfarm and she seems very legit regarding careful breeding to ensure the pigs are genetically healthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

When the pot bellied pigs fad wore off there was an awful lot of pot bellies looking for new homes, same no doubt will be for the mini pigs.

If you truly want one ensure you've done a ton of research and that you are commited to the care of the pig for it's entire life and you know of someone that will mind the pig and be able to when you are on holidays or have to go away for a while, can't book them into kennels like dogs or cats.

Ensure you can afford all the vet care etc. I'm sure there must be vaccinations and considerations just like with any farm yard critter when it comes to foot n mouth n the like.

Advertisement