Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floods in Kerry?

Options
  • 20-11-2009 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Hi,

How are the roads in Kerry, if one managed to get out of Galway is it passible to Farranfore?

What about getting there from Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I drove from Kerry to Galway this morning, once you get the hell away from Labane and Gort it's grand, not much in the way of flooding from there down. I wasn't in Farranfore but was in Castleisland and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 bobsy

Everywhere seems to flooded except kerry.Cute kerrymen ha, not building their towns on rivers.Its the very same when it comes to football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Well, *technically* the only reason that Tralee isn't a big flooded mess is because it spent most of the 60's and 70's as a big flooded mess so they redirected the river that ran through it, genius! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Spadina wrote: »
    Well, *technically* the only reason that Tralee isn't a big flooded mess is because it spent most of the 60's and 70's as a big flooded mess so they redirected the river that ran through it, genius! :)
    Yep..got it in one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

No flooding seen in Castleisland or Tralee this morning. Some minor floods on the Cordal rd which were passable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I drove from Tralee to Galway on Friday night and the road as far as Limerick was absoutely fine. I went through Listowel. Limerick, Gort and Ardrahan were disasters though. Hopefully it won't be as much of a hassle getting back to Tralee tonight but I don't hold out much hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

Has anyone driven tralee - killarney - cork route? Is it driveable? I heard Macroom was flooded at one point but does anyone know how it is now? I have to be in Cork tommorrow for a work meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

picture.php?albumid=868&pictureid=4324

picture.php?albumid=868&pictureid=4325

• Registered Users Posts: 40 bobsy

How's the weather in kerry today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

just gonna hijack here instead of posting a new thread. Im driving Down from Dublin to KIllarney on Friday for the weekend. Anyone know if im gonna hit any flooding, any obsticles water wise??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

thehamo wrote: »
    just gonna hijack here instead of posting a new thread. Im driving Down from Dublin to KIllarney on Friday for the weekend. Anyone know if im gonna hit any flooding, any obsticles water wise??

Hey being honest I would wait and re-post if necessary on Thursday. Alot can happen/change weather-wise between today (Monday) and the week-end, heck, alot can change over-night.

You could check the weather forum to see the week/end forecast but I wouldn't think anyone could tell today what the roads will be like this coming Friday.

cheers kerry4sam. Out of curiosity what are the roads like at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

I've posted two pics of the flooding at Killarney Golf club, on the lake shore here: http://kerrynews.wordpress.com/2009/11/23/flooding-in-killarney/

Note, the lake shore isnt where it used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Speedy2009

I drove to Tralee from Dublin at the wkend and the only flooding i hit was in tipperary - on the Dubln side of roscrea i think it was, nothing epic just take it handy and watch out at the bottom of big hills!

cheers for that

So heading down early tomorrow morning. Weather doesnt look too bad this evening so IM hoping I dont hit much in the way of floods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

things are much improved since last week, and they wernt bad in north kerry then anyway, in my opinion.

Road from Ballybunion to Tarbert (and beyond) was clear all this week. There is sometimes a large puddle on the LK side of Tarbert, but that hasnt been here this week.

Nothin else to speak of on that road.

Dont know what its like in S. Kerry .... I dont cross the internal border much ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Niner

The Lake Hotel in Killarney got a right doing from the over spill.

Watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpNn_V8RxUc

well im staying in the Ross hotel, which is in the town centre, so we're gonna be pretty safe from the floods......... arent we??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Niner wrote: »

Watch it here:

Not as bad as it could have been considering it's location
    well im staying in the Ross hotel, which is in the town centre, so we're gonna be pretty safe from the floods......... arent we??:confused:

When they were doing the refurbishment a while back, they had awful problems downstairs with flooding. Might want to check out how the restaurant is.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

well im staying in the RossTitanic hotel, which is in the town centre, so we're gonna be pretty safe from the floods......... arent we??:confused:

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Niner wrote: »

Watch it here:

make sure to downvote the ignorant comment, you'll know which one it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

dmeehan wrote: »
    make sure to downvote the ignorant comment, you'll know which one it is

:eek: - done

Advertisement