Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ennis and Clare Flood Pics

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Yikes!!! I don't ever remember flooding that bad in the town. Saw the footage on the news of the water spilling over the wall at Flannans. What the hell is going on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

resize them, or just post links,

saw flannans on news, water was nearly coming over the perimeter wall, madness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Shoes&Frocks

Water was coming over the walls at Flannans. Total madness.

10 years ago the Parnell st side of town, including Mill road, was totally flooded. I remember wading down Parnell st in wellies and then hitching a lift into my flat on Mill road on a rubber dingy.

Since then the council has done upgrading works to the drainage system in town but only to move the problem to the opposite end of town, ie. Abbey St. Its typical of this country. Fix a problem by moving it elsewhere. They can't get anything right...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I didnt take many photo's of the flooding in Kilrush, but I was on my way to Tescos yesterday and there is a white house near it that has a small river that flows near it, and the excess rain water caused this to happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

xmcp - some of those images were too big to display here.
    I've changed them to regular links.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Water was coming over the walls at Flannans. Total madness.

I think it's great :D. No school :D.

Although alot of the roads around my parish are flooded making it very hard to get to my house :(.

Heard the weather is supposed to be awful again tommorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 xmcp

Mr E wrote: »
    xmcp - some of those images were too big to display here.
    I've changed them to regular links.

Cheers (don't seem to have a high enough postcount to thanks!)
    10 years ago the Parnell st side of town, including Mill road, was totally flooded. I remember wading down Parnell st in wellies and then hitching a lift into my flat on Mill road on a rubber dingy.

Since then the council has done upgrading works to the drainage system in town but only to move the problem to the opposite end of town, ie. Abbey St. Its typical of this country. Fix a problem by moving it elsewhere. They can't get anything right...

Thank god they did... I'm sitting in my office just off Parnell street! 10 years ago, I'd definitely be flooded in. I remember that, around Christmas 1998, all of Parnell street was fecked but everyplace else was grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Haha, I always hated the Queens :P

I think it's great :D. No school :D.

Although alot of the roads around my parish are flooded making it very hard to get to my house :(.

Heard the weather is supposed to be awful again tommorrow.

According to the news, so will sunday. And monday. And tuesday. And wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

its looks more like Venice than Ennis from those photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

its looks more like VEnnis than Ennis from those photos.

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Whats the current state of Ennis. Was thinking of heading in later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Whats the current state of Ennis. Was thinking of heading in later?
    its grand, main streets are open, but one or 2 detours around the place
    lots of parking, abbey st and parnell st car parks are empty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

You can only blame the council planning dept for allowing housing estates develop along the flood plains around town, Quinn Road by Johnnos and out the Tulla Rd.

Article in todays Indo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Here's some from killaloe, east clare

flood1j.jpg

flood2.jpg

and ballycurggan park just outside killaloe

flood3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 46 celliman

wtf i see my wee boat in that pic.better get over there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Shoes&Frocks

celliman wrote: »
    wtf i see my wee boat in that pic.better get over there

Are they not TEMPORARY moorings? should your boat even be there??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 TheSquire

FAO Run_to_da_Hills

When you say blame the planning dept for allowing housing estates to be built on flood plains around the town, can you give me the names of any specific housing estates. I'm doing a short paper on the issue of flooding in Ennis and any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

TheSquire wrote: »
    FAO Run_to_da_Hills

When you say blame the planning dept for allowing housing estates to be built on flood plains around the town, can you give me the names of any specific housing estates. I'm doing a short paper on the issue of flooding in Ennis and any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks!!

I'd recommend get a copy of the old maps of the area, I think they are over in the library and have a look at flood planes on there and then have a look at the new estates in town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

TheSquire wrote: »
    FAO Run_to_da_Hills

Two in Particular,

One out by Johnos Bar on the Quinn Road Bruach Na Habhainne and much of the newer part of the Quinn Rd Industrial Estate, This area filled in much of the Fergus flood plain and swamp area. I can remember the truck loads of hard core being delivered at the time to reclaim the land and saying to myself WTF. :eek:

Areas around Fergus view out the Tullo Road on the right were also built on floodplains over the last 10 years. My ex use to work out there and before these estates were built you could see the flooded fields. Scandalous, someone needs taking down for this.

Advertisement