Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage Heaters and Fusebox

Options
  • 20-11-2009 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi there,

Can anyone give me some help. I have storage heaters in my apartment and I haven't a clue how to work them. I get the whole input output thing, and that they come on at night and give off heat during the day. My problem is this:

There are two dials in the fuse box; one says day and the other says night. Both dials go from -4 to +4. They both have little lights. The day dial has a green light during the day and at nighttime the light goes red and this is when the radiator comes on. The night dial has a red light that flashes on and off. The duration of the flash changes as you move the dial from -4 to +4. I set both dials to zero and the storage heater comes on at nine at night and turns off around twelve at night. I've been moving the dials around to different positions but I only seem to be shortening the length of time that the heater goes on for.

Can anyone explain what these are for, and how to use them?

Thanks

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement