Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Motion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

At the bus stop just outside Our Lady's, I swim at Terenure College pool.
    I suppose it can happen anywhere, but I would have thought that area isn't the worst at that time in the evening. I'll keep a eye out in bushy tomorrow for a discarded purse, a long shot, but you'd never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Thanks - it's a red and white flowery Quicksilver wallet. To be perfectly honest, I'd have been more worried waiting for my bus in Firhouse than I would have there... goes to show what I know :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭plodder

Sorry to hear that RK. I've lost a wallet before, and the hassle with canceling cards is a pain. To have it stolen from you must be even worse..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Crap RK. The inconvenience of it all. Hope you can get cards and all sorted asap and that you had nothing irreplaceable in the wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

That's crap RK. Miserable pups, hope they get no luck from your money and end up with a swift kick in the goolies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

God that makes me so mad:mad:. I dont understand how people think its ok to do stuff like that. Hope you get your cards sorted hassle free rainbow

Well, a minor miracle happened. Got a call from Rathmines Garda Station today to say that someone had handed in my wallet. :D:D:D

Got new shoes today too - ended up getting a pair of blue and white Lunarglides. This meant that I had to take them out for their maiden voyage today. Did 5 miles today (8.48/mile average pace). Nice run, shoes felt pretty good too. Will need to give them a bit more time before I can formulate a proper opinion though, I'm so used to Kayanos that this is a big change for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Great news on the wallet. Good luck with the new shoes - a BIG change:eek:

5 miles this evening (8.54/mile average pace) before settling down to waste a couple of hours of my life on the England v Algeria game. That was faster than I intended, was kinda shooting for 9.20-9.30/mile pace!

Got g'em's lifting workshop tomorrow, that should be fun! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Graet news on the wallet and welcome to the lunarglide club:D I am looking for another pair of them myself to rotate, where did you get them and how much?

• Advertisement

Got them in Runways, they did them for €85 because I'm waiting on a pair of Brooks Adrenaline to rotate with them to come in. I have the white and blue ones, they look a bit like Fisher-Price runners :pac:

Sizing is weird in them, needed to go down to a 6.5 :eek:

Btw sub4.ie is doing them for €79.99 at the moment :)

Went to g'em's weights workshop at RAW gym today, it was awesome :D Would love to do that more often.
    Came close to a bodyweight deadlift too (lifted 60kg, I'm ~65kg at the moment) :D

There was a little bit of running involved too, I got there a bit early so I did around 4k on the treadmill to warm up. That's not the important thing today though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Got them in Runways, they did them for €85 because I'm waiting on a pair of Brooks Adrenaline to rotate with them to come in. I have the white and blue ones, they look a bit like Fisher-Price runners :pac:

Sizing is weird in them, needed to go down to a 6.5 :eek:

Btw sub4.ie is doing them for €79.99 at the moment :)

Cheers for that. Just ordered a pair on sub4. Be careful with them yourself. Given that your used to Kayanos the Lunarglides offer little medial suport by comparison, but I'm sure the boys a Runways approved them for you.

Well done on the lifting. It's an excellent way of maintaining a strong core. I need to find time to get my ass into the gym, haven't been in months :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Man - i love my kayanos way too much. Couldn't imagine running is something lighter.

I'd say today was great with G'em. I'm looking into doing a kettleball training day in Dublin in July. Looks cool :pac:

menoscemo wrote: »
    Be careful with them yourself. Given that your used to Kayanos the Lunarglides offer little medial suport by comparison, but I'm sure the boys a Runways approved them for you.
    Probably going to do my long run this week in my old Kayanos, because it's such a big change I'm not sure if I want to chance a long run in them just yet. When my Brooks Adrenalines arrive into Runways, I'll probably be using those for long runs. I'm not throwing away all the support just yet!
    ULstudent wrote: »
    I'd say today was great with G'em. I'm looking into doing a kettleball training day in Dublin in July. Looks cool :pac:
    Kettlebell training day sounds fun! G'em's an amazing instructor, learnt so much today from her.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If she is running another, would you let me know?

Will do!

Missed my LSR yesterday due to being stiff as hell after Saturday, and spending the vast majority of the day at Croke Park. Dublin were ****, but it was still a fun day.

Went swimming this evening, swam 1,600m, and managed to return home *with* my purse this time! :)

Plan
    Monday | Tuesday|Wednesday|Thursday|Friday|Saturday|Sunday
    rest|3 m|5 m|3 m|rest|5 m|11 m

Actual
    swim|4 m|||||

Just a short run on the plan for today... 3 miles scheduled. Since my measured 3-mile loop is currently full of roadworks, I did 4 miles (9.00/mile average pace) after getting almost bored to tears watching Argentina v Greece. Heading out at 9.30pm meant it was lovely and cool with a nice breeze :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

well done, that's pretty speedy too.

• Advertisement

Good luck with the new runners.

I'm loving the World Cup while I'm trying to shake off this throat at the moment. Lol at you 'wasting' time watching those matches. They were two pretty bad matches in fairness. Tonight Germany/Ghana with the Australia/Serbia going on at the same time was exciting though!

Well after watching said Germany-Ghana match, I headed out for 5 miles. Finally got my hands on my Brooks Adrenalines today, so I decided to test them out. Average pace was around 9.08/mile, but that doesn't tell the whole story.

<possible tmi>
    First 6km were pretty easy, but then my stomach decided to play up again, and roughly the last 2km was me trying to get home as fast as possible while not doing a Paula at the side of the Firhouse Road. Incidentally, I quite like the shoes, they feel very cushy but have a decent amount of support, but when you're racing a number 2 home that's not the first thing on your mind!
    </possible tmi>

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

tmi? I dont know. Had exactly the same problem on Monday, and its not at all good, especially when youre running with other people. :o Maybe its the weather...

I run in Brooks Launch. Love em. :)

Plan

Actual
    swim|4 m|5 m|4 m|||

4 miles this evening (9.00/mile average pace). Warm and sticky this evening, also significantly more pollen! Give me back my 9.30pm run...
    Heading to a ceili in the Front Lounge now, should be fun :D

Should be running these easy runs a bit slower though. I blame the Lunarglides, they have quite a "fast" feel to them for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Another moderatorship?! Congrats :)

Looking forward to Clontarf? Very tempted to head out there too seeing as Enniscorthy this weekend doesn't look like it's a good idea (stupid knee).

Yup! I'm just planning to treat Clontarf as an LSR and a change of scenery, not aiming for PB territory at all. Shooting for 2:05-2:10, tbh.

Plan

Actual
    swim|4 m|5 m|4 m|rest|Pride|6 m

Fail weekend is fail. Meant to get up early yesterday for an easy 5, ended up getting up an hour before I was supposed to be meeting up with friends in town. D'oh. Does walking about 2 miles with a blowhorn and a rainbow flag as a cape count as training? :pac:

Then today, surprisingly un-hungover, I went out for my 11 mile LSR. As can clearly be seen, I only did 6 miles. :mad: Hayfever and the heat made today a real struggle, a horribly frustrating day. (stupid body, can't it behave itself for just under 2 fecking hours? :mad: )

First 2 weeks of marathon training (and the entire month of June, really) have been a complete and utter disaster. Considering dropping down to Intermediate 1 or Novice 2, because a whole load of life seems to be getting in the way of training.

Hey Rainbow

You're really not doing bad at all. Give it another week. Try and get that 11 mile done next week instead. 2 days behind isn't a disaster!

Congrats on ne mod appointment also! :)

dolliemix wrote: »
    You're really not doing bad at all. Give it another week. Try and get that 11 mile done next week instead. 2 days behind isn't a disaster!
    Next week's scheduled LSR is 8 miles, but I'm actually planning on switching that with the 13 mile LSR that's scheduled the week after that and doing the Clontarf half on the 4th. I reckon if I can have a comfortable run in Clontarf then I'll be pretty much back on track mentally - not aiming for a PB or anything, just a nice comfortable long run :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Hi RK I would stick with your original plan, like you I suffer terribly with hay fever, I find a squirt of sudafed up the nose before a run can really help.
    Stick with it, I look to runners like you to get motivated :D so HUAGYST (hurry up and get your shlt together.

Advertisement