Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Motion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Irish Runner 5 4.9 mile this morning - ran terribly. Started at sub-40 pace (hit the 2 1.9 mile marker in 15.30) but didn't have enough to hold it. Felt like I was dying from about 3.5 miles onwards, finished in 42.02 chip time which when you factor in the short course is barely an improvement on last year.

Oh well, /careface, I have a new t-shirt and I'm getting drunk later. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

haha, so you took my advice of beer for the rest of the day, or did you need any persuading? :D

Aimman wrote: »
    haha, so you took my advice of beer for the rest of the day, or did you need any persuading? :D

Didn't really need an awful lot of persuading! Heading to a friend's house for drinkies later, despite having already had a pint with Xebec to get out of the rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Hey Rainbow, was that Xebec I met with you and RQ earlier. I forgot his name. Good to put faces to names or names to faces :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Hey Rainbow, was that Xebec I met with you and RQ earlier. I forgot his name. Good to put faces to names or names to faces :D

In the rain underneath the tree? If so, yes, otherwise coulda been someone else!

Don't worry bout the race today RK, as we chatted about a few solid weeks of training will set you right and you'll be back on form in no time. Unfortunately it doesn't just happen but a little hard work and you'll be claiming a tidy PB in the 10-mile.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

That was Ainman, I knew you weren't listening to me. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

That's what I thought! I met him at the start too but thought my brain was getting fuzzy from the oxygen deprevation from running nearly as fast as you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

ha thanks. In fairness, the names Xebec and Ainman sound very similar :D

ha thanks. In fairness, the names Xebec and Ainman sound very similar :D

True, lol, its always getting mixed up when I order anything over the phone.

• Advertisement

Didn't get out for a recovery run yesterday, a dodgy KFC in Drogheda on Saturday night put paid to that (and my drinking too on Saturday, I knew after 1 vodka and coke that there was going to be hell to pay if I drank any more than that). Made up for it today though, had a very pleasant 6-miler (9.30/mile average pace). Felt better on that run than I've felt in a while, I needed that pretty badly.

4 miles this morning (9.18/mile average pace). I've had better - it's very sticky out, not the best conditions for running. Oh well, miles are miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

miles are miles.

Exactly!! :) And there's whisperings of a thunderstorm over the next day or two which would be wonderful to clear up this horrible mugginess!

After seeing the weather forecast, I decided that today would be a cross-training day (even if it has turned out not to be disgustingly bad as forecast). Went for a swim, did 60 lengths (1,500m) in around 40 minutes. Enjoyed it :)

Undid all my good work when I got home though - discovered the presence of a box of Cornettos in the freezer. OM NOM NOM NOM. :D

Undid all my good work when I got home though - discovered the presence of a box of Cornettos in the freezer. OM NOM NOM NOM. :D

Was that freaky Bird's Eye Polar Bear sitting in the freezer with the Cornettos?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Am currently nomnomnoming my way through a box of chocolate caramels. A little of what you fancy does you good. Look on the icecream as running fuel. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Yesterday a family friend brought over coffee cake she made. I devoured it most of it - just couldn't stop like. Nyommmyyyyyyyyy. But sure it was great fuel for a cycle after ;)

5 miles this evening, 9.10/mile average pace. Glad to get out, feels like about the only useful thing I did with my day after having a totally unproductive day in terms of work on my thesis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I hear ya, the days I run, I feel that the day has been productive, no matter what else has happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

Same here - but on days that Im supposed to run, if I missed it, it wouldn't matter what else I got done - could take over the free world - and Id still feel like I hadnt achieved anything at all. Its ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Really enjoyed my run this morning, ran the 2 miles to Tymon Park, met up with the girls for just over 7 in the park, and ran the 2 miles home for a grand total of 11 miles and change. At least I wasn't hung over this time, and there's something really satisfying about being home by lunchtime with a nice solid LSR done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

I love that feeling too - training outa the way so the rest of the day can't spent doing SFA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Why do you think I go out so frickin' early in the morning - it's so I can bestow smug smiles on every one else for the day, while thinking "nah nah nah nah nah, I got my run in":D

4 miles very easy this evening (9.34/mile average pace). Even when I headed out for my run at 9.30pm it was still very warm and quite humid (20C, apparently) - sweaty work! Nice relaxed run though, great for clearing the head after working on my thesis.

6 miles this evening (9.25/mile average pace). There's something really nice and peaceful about running while it's getting dark. Lovely run. :)

I think I've lost a bit of speed lately - but to be really honest I don't give a monkeys right now. It feels like I've got some of my strength back, so I'm quite ok with that trade given that DCM is my focus at the moment. Felt like I could keep going for ages this evening, decided to call it at 6 because it was already nearly 10.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

6 miles this evening (9.25/mile average pace). There's something really nice and peaceful about running while it's getting dark. Lovely run. :)

I think I've lost a bit of speed lately - but to be really honest I don't give a monkeys right now. It feels like I've got some of my strength back, so I'm quite ok with that trade given that DCM is my focus at the moment. Felt like I could keep going for ages this evening, decided to call it at 6 because it was already nearly 10.30pm.

+1 to that!

So my week started well and went crap. Didn't run Thursday due to trying to get a lot of thesis work done, didn't run Friday due to trying to get thesis work done before heading to the Iron Maiden gig, and didn't run yesterday due to recovering from said gig. With my neck still hurting from the gig, I headed out with jcsmum this morning for a run down in Tymon Park. Covered about 9 miles in total, would have done more but I got a really weird cramp near my hipbone after 7 miles which just wouldn't quite go away. *sigh*

Ugh thesis writing!! Hope you're getting there with it. When is it due in?

3 weeks from tomorrow... to be honest I just cannot wait for it to be over.

• Advertisement

3 weeks from tomorrow... to be honest I just cannot wait for it to be over.

I'm sure you can't. But it will be over in three weeks and its a wonderful achievement. You won't know what to do with yourself in three weeks!

Advertisement