Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Motion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

dolliemix wrote: »
    You won't know what to do with yourself in three weeks!
    Run? :pac::)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I headed out with jcsmum this morning for a run down in Tymon Park. Covered about 9 miles in total, would have done more but I got a really weird cramp near my hipbone after 7 miles which just wouldn't quite go away. *sigh*

Must say I thought of ye as I sat on my couch feeling sorry for myself :o
    Sorry to hear about the weird cramp, well done on working through it.
    Hope I get to run with you both next week!

How are you feeling anyway? Any improvement with the injury, have you been to get it checked out?

5 miles this evening, 9.24/mile average pace. Felt good, could (and probably should) have gone for a lot more. No cramps in weird places anyway today! :pac:

Had a bit of a crap day of work today, meeting with my supervisor and the pressure is on now! Needed to run that off, so went out for 6 miles untimed this evening, Just took it really easy and listened to some good music.

Unrelated, but is it strange to feel "faster" in certain clothes, and "slower" in others? As in, I feel much faster when I'm in shorter shorts and my Lunarglides than I do when I'm in capris and my Adrenalines... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

I feel "faster" in my shorts and vest than in my tshirt and capris as well - glad to know I'm not the only one to have these thougths! Haven't worn my capris in months, too warm - actually now that I think about it, can't believe I go out in public in shorts but that's a whole other issue;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Do your shorts have stripes?

RayCun wrote: »
    Do your shorts have stripes?

Nope! At least they don't have speedholes either. :pac:

So I decided to give this club lark a go. Went down to the Knocklyon club's session near Ballyboden St Endas, speedwork night and they were doing intervals. 1.5 miles run down to the field where they were training, half-mile easy warm-up jog, 8x300 intervals, 1x700, just over a mile cooldown, and 1.5 miles run home. That's... seven and a bit miles in total, if my maths are right (which they're probably not). Decent session, though probably not an ideal session while marathon training!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

That sounds like hard work! I'm curious about joining a club too but I'm afraid I'll slow everybody down!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I've been saying that I'd join a club for years. Donore harriers isn't far from where I live now and have been threatening to go down to them since after DCM last year but I'm yet to do it. Moving house hopefully before November though so I'll probably wait to see where I move to before I join one.

Missed the planned easy run yesterday because I was doing a lot of thesis work, and headed out this morning. Head just wasn't in it at all, after working through to midnight last night, and I stopped after 8 miles of a planned 12. Pretty dire :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Well, at least you got 8M of it done, that's well over halfway/. Don't worry about it and enjoy the next run.

4 miles this evening (9.18/mile average pace). Better run than yesterday, still felt a bit crappy about taking a break from my thesis but it was needed. Back to work now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

You're some woman for the hard work! Fair play to you. I bet you're counting the seconds until that deadline has passed at this stage. Best of luck over the next few weeks :)

The running is good for you. Clears the head!

dolliemix wrote: »
    The running is good for you. Clears the head!

I keep telling myself that... :eek:

Supervisor was happy with what I sent him last night, so I decided to treat myself to a relatively relaxed evening. And by that I mean a session down at the club. Fartleks tonight - 2x15 minutes of 200 fast/100 easy. Lack of Garmin makes this all guesswork, but I'm going to assume that it clocks in at a total of a similar mileage to the session on Thursday evening when you add in my run there, warm-up with group, cool-down with group and run home. I'm claiming 7.5 miles :pac:

Nomming a nice big bowl of Tesco Caramella ice cream now, just to undo the good work :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Enjoy your night off, and the ice-cream! Damn it, I want one now :pac: time to checkout whats in the freezer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Must be a night for the munchies. I just had a half pack of chocolate fingers :o:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Emer911 wrote: »
    Must be a night for the munchies. I just had a half pack of chocolate fingers :o:D

dido - my first time to try the dark chocolate ones...devine. Damm Lidl for putting them near the checkout!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Cheers for the message today -

That ice cream sounds nom. i had 3 coffees this evening with tesco cherry ice cream plopped in on top. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

ULstudent wrote: »
    Cheers for the message today -

That ice cream sounds nom. i had 3 coffees this evening with tesco cherry ice cream plopped in on top. :)

How are you not the size of a house? Skinny feck...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

He'll reach that age, 24, 25, the muscles give up, they wave a little white flag, and without any warning at all he'll be a fat bastard...

Hey, I'm about 5st lighter at 26 than I was when I turned 24 ;)

Hey, I'm about 5st lighter at 26 than I was when I turned 24 ;)
    Can we see a picture of that?!:D

Strange.....I just had my first packet of crisps in over months tonight.....there's definitely something in the air.

Great that your supervisor is happy Rainbow :)

Emer911 wrote: »
    Can we see a picture of that?!:D

Sure. Let us call this "A Tale Of Two Prides". (Dublin Pride 2008 and 2010)

2010 (I'm the one in the Iron Man shirt).

Holey Moley RK, you're half the woman you were! :D
    Seriously, was that all running? That's a great incentive for me (everyone) to keep it up!?
    Kudos!

• Advertisement

Running and watching my diet (which I need to refocus on, it's going to hell at the moment!). I was about 15 stone in the first pic, I'm just over 10 stone in the second. For the sake of comparisons - I'm 5'6".

Started Couch to 5k the month after the first picture was taken, running in a park late in the evening so nobody would see me running...

Advertisement