Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Motion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Thats amazing Rainbow. ALthough I don't think you look 15 stone at all in the first pic. Your story is so inspiring. I remember when I started C25k in Feb, I was happy because it was dark so early and it was cold so I could always wear a baggy light jacket. You've been absolutely brilliant encouraging me to keep going since then ...and now I don't mind running in the daytime with no jacket! 7 months on and two stone lighter.

I didn't realise you had lost 5 stone. Well done AND on keeping it off. Thats the real test!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Inspirational! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

RayCun wrote: »
    He'll reach that age, 24, 25, the muscles give up, they wave a little white flag, and without any warning at all he'll be a fat bastard...

I like Kirby am also lighter - almost 6 stone in fact from where i was ... although if i stop training and keep on eating im sure that trend could be reversed pretty quickly :)

High five RK - not an easy thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Bit of crosstraining today, headed to the pool. 1,500m swim. Twas nice :)

After missing a couple of runs (fuppin' thesis) I *had* to hit my LSR today. Just over 14 miles in 2:18 (~9.50/mile pace), that was tough. Warm out and my water belt was annoying me because my ghetto fix to make it smaller didn't quite work. Oh well. Glad to get it done, that's my longest run since DCM last year. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Funny how little niggles become big annoyances once the mileage gets high. Good run, makes me wish I was marathon training now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done you! It was hot out there today, especially for a LSR. :cool:

7.5 miles total today - bit of a mix of stuff. (Club "bootcamp" session + run there/back)

I need to be hitting more LSRs, spent Sunday and Monday stiff as hell after running 14 on Saturday... the body is weak! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭earnyourturns

...but the spirit is willing! And that's the most important part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Bloody hell RK, just catching up on your thread now. You should be the poster girl for boards running, that's amazing weight loss and huge fitness difference. I was in the middle of eating choccie biscuits reading this and have just returned some to the packet!

Well done and best of luck finishing up thesis

• Advertisement

shazkea wrote: »
    I was in the middle of eating choccie biscuits reading this and have just returned some to the packet!

lol!

Bad week is being had by me. I've run once. This whole masters thesis lark is killing me. Will be racing in the morning though, but I can't see myself making my time goals.

I did finish a draft version of my thesis today though, and will be proof-reading over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Bad week is being had by me. I've run once. This whole masters thesis lark is killing me. Will be racing in the morning though, but I can't see myself making my time goals.

I did finish a draft version of my thesis today though, and will be proof-reading over the weekend.

What's your time target? Myslef and OI will be gunning for just under 90 minutes if you want to join us? (I think secretly he is capable of a wee bit faster than that).

Had been targeting ~87, but that's probably not going to happen given that I'm in total fat, unfit thesis-writing mode. I might try starting with ye, and if I can't keep up I'll just fade away :pac:

Had been targeting ~87, but that's probably not going to happen given that I'm in total fat, unfit thesis-writing mode. I might try starting with ye, and if I can't keep up I'll just fade away :pac:

Ok, come along. we'll be meeting round the finish line at about 9:30 (I think).

If you see #4296 please say hi. :)

Will do! I'm #501.

Congrats on getting PI modship btw :)

Well I had another crappy day at the office. Didn't help that the cold that had been hinting at arriving during the week decided to arrive with a bang this morning. Started with menopause, OI and racheljev, having been talking to RQ, Blueskye and a few others beforehand (Great to see you all btw! :) ). Tried to hold pace with the others from the start, but at about 3 miles I knew it wasn't happening, I was feeling pretty dreadful. At that stage, I just decided to take it really easy - a t-shirt run! Finished in 1:38 and some shrapnel, which is actually SLOWER than last year...

Oh well. Wasn't writing a thesis last summer either. :pac:

Well done on getting around anyway. The tough ones are character forming. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Ah that's a bit crap isn't it? But as you told me earlier, so far this year you've had anti biotics, injury and a thesis. Jeez missis, you're lucky your legs are still working! You'll be back for the half and you'll fly it.

• Advertisement

I still think its amazing you did the 10 miles with or without all the war wounds!!

Well done on completing it when you felt rotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Fair play to you for getting out and sticking with it. Next year you can sock an awesome time to your thesis!! Well done!

menopause,

no-one ever calls me menopause :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Nice to meet you again today. I completed a degree this year and it is impossible to have the head space for any training when you have study, exams not to mention a thesis hanging over you. Contracts on finishing a slog of a run.

menoscemo wrote: »
    no-one ever calls me menopause :D

Oh really :pac: I believe RQ called you that earlier too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Am sorry you were a tad disappointed with your time. But honestly when you're unwell, running 10 miles is a great achievement and in a fast time! Don't be too hard on yourself, you did great! :)

Well the last 3 days were lost to this absolute fouler of a cold. :mad: Today was the first day since the 10-miler that I actually felt well enough to get out and run. Decided to take it relatively easy and short, so I just did 3 miles. 9.20/mile average pace, but the perceived effort felt relatively high. I don't think this bug is fully out of me yet, so I'm feeling a little nervous about doing 15-16 miles this weekend... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Well the last 3 days were lost to this absolute fouler of a cold. :mad: Today was the first day since the 10-miler that I actually felt well enough to get out and run. Decided to take it relatively easy and short, so I just did 3 miles. 9.20/mile average pace, but the perceived effort felt relatively high. I don't think this bug is fully out of me yet, so I'm feeling a little nervous about doing 15-16 miles this weekend... :(

I think everyones feeling wrecked even 3-4 days on from last saturday so don't feel too bad about it. Good to meet you on saturday.

Lost another few days to my cold, didn't really feel properly over it until yesterday evening. Because of that, I decided not to chance the full 15-16 miles I'd been planning this weekend. I got out anyway though, and did 9 miles (9.22/mile average pace). I was doing this more as a test to see if I was over the bug or not, and despite the absolutely ridiculous amount of snot-rocketing I did feel pretty good. Felt the speed naturally increase a bit after about 5 miles, so that was kinda nice :)

Would have loved to have gone out on the group run yesterday morning, sounds like everyone really enjoyed it. I think I would have made a lot of people sick though, and I don't think I'd have made it the full way around either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Hope you feel better soon RK *hugs*

Advertisement