Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Motion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭earnyourturns

Hope you're feeling better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I can't imagine running with a cold or any ailment for that matter. Well done you!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

6 miles this evening, untimed and it felt quite slow. Lovely evening for it, nice and cool with just a gentle breeze. Still more coughing and snot rockets than I'd like, but meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Lovely Image. Did you wear long sleeves for wiping your nose too? :D

Hope it clears up for you quick enough.

4 miles this evening (9.30/mile average pace). Still coughing and spluttering, getting deeply unimpressed at all of this because it's making the perceived effort for really easy runs be higher than it should be. Meh. 6-8 tomorrow, chill on Friday, LSR Saturday. If this hasn't cleared completely by the time I do my LSR this weekend I'm going to (finally) go to the doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

If this hasn't cleared completely by the time I do my LSR this weekend I'm going to (finally) go to the doctor.

Good advice. Getting better is the important thing!! Take care of yourself.

9 miles this evening (9.38/mile average pace). Kirby is an idiot who underestimated the temperature at 6.30pm and forgot to bring water. Last 3 miles were TOUGH as a result of that, and about 2L of water went straight down the hatch along with a banana as soon as I got back home.

On the good side - lurgy seems to be slowly disappearing, the rate of coughing and spluttering appears to have decreased. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Good to hear you're feeling better RK. V jealous of your mileage, even though you were sick. I'm currently working on restoring my body to it's previous size with the help of dodgy leg, no running and lots of chocolate :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Good to hear you're on the mend. You won't know yourself when you can breathe normally!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Good to hear you're back out. See you Saturday?

• Advertisement

RayCun wrote: »
    Good to hear you're back out. See you Saturday?

Hopefully! :)

Ended up not running with the group today, due to my dislike of running through Biblical deluges. Headed out at about 5pm after spending the afternoon making a really nice apple and blackberry pie. 16 miles (9.57/mile average pace) - am very satisfied with that. Felt like I could have kept going to 18 miles, but I think I'll keep my powder dry for next weekend in terms of that! :pac:

Things I learnt today:

1. I'm pretty certain what I'm going to wear for DCM - purple shirt from the 10-miler, Lidl capris I got just before the summer and my Brooks Adrenalines. Am debating grabbing another pair of shoes just to have a fresh pair for the marathon because I tend to kill my shoes within about 300 miles and my Adrenalines will be close to that by the time DCM rolls around.

2. Hammer Apple and Cinnamon gels = OM NOM NOM. Tastes like the inside of a McDonald's apple pie. :D

3. Due to the fact I've reduced the amount of caffeine I consume on a daily basis, caffeinated gels are now awesome.

4. (related to 2 and 3) For DCM I'll probably alternate the gels I used today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

great run RK.
    I'd forgotten to say in my report from today that I absolutely 100% learned what not to wear! All part of the process :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

What are your thoughts on Brooks compared to asics?

gerard65 wrote: »
    What are your thoughts on Brooks compared to asics?

I have to say I've grown to quite like my Adrenalines. They probably sit somewhere between the 21x0 and Kayano in terms of support and the transition from Asics shoes was relatively easy. They don't lock in as nicely at the heel as an Asics shoe does, which was one little foible I had with them at the start, but using this lacing style sorted that. I do prefer the fact that the lacing is just straight up the shoe rather than that silly asymmetric lacing that the Kayano 16 had (which made me feel like my foot was being pulled from my baby toe - really uncomfortable!).

Sizing with the Adrenaline was a bit strange for me, I had to go up half a size to a women's 7.5 in these when every pair of Kayanos I ever had was a 7.

Also, unlike virtually every Asics AW10 shoe, they are NOT PINK! HOORAY!

5 miles today (9.04/mile average pace), after yesterday I wanted to make sure I got out before it started raining again but couldn't justify a longer run because I'm kinda waiting on a phone call about a job interview.

Hopefully do 8-10 tomorrow after the assessment I have for another job in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Hopefully do 8-10 tomorrow after the assessment I have for another job in the morning.

What's the job?! Big company?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Best of luck with the job and well done for getting stuck into it so soon after the thesis. That's some determination. I would have talked myself into a month long holiday after all that hard work. Good luck tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Good luck with job interview Rk

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭earnyourturns

Good luck RK! My goals for the next week are as follows: Sunday - run marathon, the following Friday - hand in PhD chapter to supervisor. Why do we do these things to ourselves?!

• Advertisement

Hope the job interview goes well. :)

4 miles this evening, untimed. Had absolutely fcuk all sleep last night, so I've been tired all day. Not one of my better runs, but meh.

Assessment went ok this morning, hard to tell offhand how good/bad/indifferent I did. Fingers crossed.

9 miles this evening (9.17/mile average pace). Probably a bit faster than I intended overall, this is mostly caused by the fact that someone with the most perfect posterior I have ever seen (and compression shorts) arrived just as I was starting my second lap of the Slí na Slainte in Tymon Park. She appeared to be doing just inside 9 min/mile pace... :pac:

In un-pervy news, I have job interviews tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday. Two of them are for graduate Java developer jobs, and the other is for a QA job. I also appear to have acquired a Christmas temp job starting in early November. Hopefully I get a real job before then though... because if I take this temp job it may involve a lot of cookies :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Well done, a guaranteed Job in the bag (temp or not) is great news nowadays.

I must keep an eye out for that Burd in Tymon. What time was she running at? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

9 miles this evening (9.17/mile average pace). Probably a bit faster than I intended overall, this is mostly caused by the fact that someone with the most perfect posterior I have ever seen (and compression shorts) arrived just as I was starting my second lap of the Slí na Slainte in Tymon Park. She appeared to be doing just inside 9 min/mile pace... :pac:

Ah Damn, I was running there this evening and I didnt see her :(

Good luck in the interviews;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Love how RK can get away with doing things the lads would have the park ranger following them for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

someone with the most perfect posterior I have ever seen (and compression shorts) arrived just as I was starting my second lap of the Slí na Slainte in Tymon Park. She appeared to be doing just inside 9 min/mile pace... :pac:

Why thank you! I wasn't sure about the compression shorts but they seem to be doing the trick..:rolleyes:

claralara wrote: »
    Why thank you! I wasn't sure about the compression shorts but they seem to be doing the trick..:rolleyes:

:pac:

After a mad dash out of the house this morning (I got up at 8.25 when I was supposed to be meeting up with jcsmum at 8.30), 18 and a bit miles today. Nice run, even with the rain, the lack of suncream, eating breakfast in the car on the way to the park... Would have kept on to 20 if it wasn't for a little niggle developing late on (high ITB on right side) and I didn't really want to risk pushing on to the 20 in case it got worse.

Was great to have company for the run - wouldn't mind running with you all again, and I apologise to anyone I bored to tears along the way!

Satisfied to get 18 out of the way anyway, will do a 20-miler too in a few weeks time. I know if I get the half, one more 15-17 miler and a 20 done I'll be pretty happy going into DCM because it means I'll have salvaged this from thesis hell. :)

Now if only Man U can do me a favour and beat Everton...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You guys were going along at a good clip when I saw you. I bet eye were doing better on hills than I was too. :pac:

Advertisement