Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Motion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Any truth in the rumour you're thinking of paying a visit to Nou Camp on the weekend of Mar 6th or so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

shazkea wrote: »
    Any truth in the rumour you're thinking of paying a visit to Nou Camp on the weekend of Mar 6th or so :D

There may just be :)

(got my dole sorted today, getting a double week this week because it's backdated to 2 September, so I can now afford to get my flights booked :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

(got my dole sorted today, getting a double week this week because it's backdated to 2 September, so I can now afford to get my flights booked :D)

That was quick, it normally takes 8 weeks. Try keeping a straight face when you collect your backdated dole. Don't get too comfortable or you'll still be on it in 2 years like someone i know named Brian :rolleyes:

You should go ahead and book Barca, the whole forum will be over there by the sound of it.

That was quick, it normally takes 8 weeks.
    Tallaght seems to be unusually quick at dealing with it for some reason :pac:

And I'm not getting comfortable on it, I've a job interview tomorrow, and I had interviews today and Wednesday-Friday of last week. :eek:

Tallaght seems to be unusually quick at dealing with it for some reason :pac:

And I'm not getting comfortable on it, I've a job interview tomorrow, and I had interviews today and Wednesday-Friday of last week. :eek:

Good on you, best of luck you'll surely get one of them. Better to move on straight away than being stuck for months on the dole.

P.s. unlucky the other day with manutd, i was at the game, never seen anything like that.

• Advertisement

P.s. unlucky the other day with manutd, i was at the game, never seen anything like that.
    That was the most frustrating thing ever... thinking at 89 minutes that you're home and dry, sorted, 3-1... many F-bombs were dropped during injury time.

Well first off - flights booked for Barcelona. Ryanair on Friday morning, Aer Lingus on Monday evening. Should be fun :D

I ended up having 2 job interviews on Tuesday. One at midday (which was a second round interview for the job I interviewed for on Monday) and one at 3pm. Stress :eek: Found out today I didn't get the one I interviewed for in the afternoon, oh well. C'est la vie. Should hear on Monday about the other one. The waiting game sucks. :pac:

I had originally intended to run early on Tuesday morning (before the 3pm interview) but I found out at 9am that I had an interview in the city centre at 12 so that plan went out the window. Ended up not getting out for a run at all yesterday, my stomach decided to disapprove majorly of what I had for dinner just as the Man U match was started. One could also say that my stomach was disapproving majorly of Man U's play last night too... should have watched Barca instead. :pac:

Anyway. Tonight. 6 miles @ ~9.30/mile average pace. Felt really good tonight, when I got home at the end of it I seriously felt like I'd only done about 2-3 miles. Will get in a decent run tomorrow (probably relatively early), then relax until Saturday morning.

I'm unsure really of what to aim for in the half, I don't feel like I've much speed in me at the moment at all. Ran 1:58 last year, would be savage to beat that but I don't have much faith in my ability to run 13.1 miles at sub-9 min/mile pace right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Excellent, great news on the flights and see you in Barca :D

Best of luck with the job hunting and interviews too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

+1 to the good lucks on the job hunting!

Dublin Half-Marathon: 1:56:25 (chip time)

Absolutely delighted! First race this summer where I haven't felt like I've bottled it, and my first PB since the Women's Mini-Marathon. Also provided me with a reminder that I really do prefer longer races to shorter ones, I'd rather feel the burn in my legs at the end of a half or full than the puke-my-guts-up feeling at the end of a 5k or 10k.

I'm also claiming a 10 mile PB for this, I went through 10 miles in 1:27:36, which is 10 minutes faster than I've ever done a 10 mile race. Was still keeping up roughly 8:45/mile pace until mile 11, then that stretch to mile 12 kicked my ass. Couldn't get back into a rhythm properly after that, so I reckon on a flatter course that 1:55 is there. Might have a crack at Waterford in December then. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Thats brilliant Rainbow! You deserved a good run! :)

Great weekend for you, a PB and you beat the red sh!te today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Delighted for you :D, I saw you for all of 10 seconds of the race before you took off! Well done.

jcsmum wrote: »
    Delighted for you :D, I saw you for all of 10 seconds of the race before you took off! Well done.

By "took off" we of course mean "started way too quickly" :pac: (first mile in 8:30 is too fast for me in a half)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

How was the recovery on Sunday? And I dont mean the legs, :D

Aimman wrote: »
    How was the recovery on Sunday? And I dont mean the legs, :D

Slept until about ten minutes before the start of the Man U match. Head wasn't too bad, but the epic night's sleep and sausage sambo for breakfast really helped (as did Berbatov stuffing the Scouse scum with a hat-trick :D).

Anyway. Back to the grind this evening. 5 miles, took it very easy (didn't really time it, but it was close to 10 minute miles). Legs still a little heavy, but felt ok once I got going.

Kinda had to get out this evening - myself and a friend went a bit mad in Thorntons earlier :pac:

6 miles this evening, no watch but that was *very* slow - probably close to 10 min/mile again. Meh, wasn't aiming for speed anyway. Still feeling a bit tight in my right quad from Saturday, which is annoying.

Bit of non-running-related good news - starting a new job on 4 October. I'll be working as a software QA engineer for a financial software company. No more sitting on the dole for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Ah jaysus, that's brilliant news RK, I'm delighted for you

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Congrats on the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Brilliant! In Dublin or elsewhere?

xebec wrote: »
    Brilliant! In Dublin or elsewhere?

In Dublin, city centre :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Great news.
    You'll have to book the day off on the 26th on your first day in work though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭brophya2007

Congrats RK on the Job, enjoy signing off :)

menoscemo wrote: »
    You'll have to book the day off on the 26th on your first day in work though :p
    Hey, I went to college the day after DCM last year. :pac:

Admittedly it was absolute agony, and resulted in one of my friends singing the Crab People song from South Park as I tried to get down the stairs, but I still went in. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Well done on the job. Whats the next race we can celebrate it afterwards? :D

Aimman wrote: »
    Whats the next race we can celebrate it afterwards? :D
    Would be DCM at this stage! Starting the job and taper at roughly the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Cool, great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Congrats on the new job! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

High five on the job

Advertisement