Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Motion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

RK - I have just spent a very lazy 2 hours at work reading your thread, thanks for killing the time for me!

Your last year has been very impressive, not without its ups and downs, but no training log is (as we all find out eventually!)

I have just clicked "follow thread" as I have no doubt you will inspire me no end along the way, I might see you at Waterford?

Best of luck with the rest of your DCM training and congrats on your new job!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Congrats on the job. No mean feat.

My career advise : When I need to be late in/early out to get a race/training in, if anyone raises an eyebrow I offer to explain why I need the time and how it fits my training.

Eyes glaze over ... some shuffle away, others after a sudden look at their watch race to a meeting elsewhere ... :D

Good luck with the rest of the training and the DCM mentoring thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

yungwan wrote: »
    I might see you at Waterford?
    I'm seriously considering it anyway! Would be a good test of how well I've recovered after DCM, and I reckon I'd have a decent shot at sub-1:55 if everything goes well.

LSR in the bag. Took advantage of a relatively nice but cool Friday afternoon, and a friend bailing on lunch, to head out for 18 miles. Did it in just over 3 hours, slow but I'm still pretty happy with that. Legs didn't feel *too* awful but felt like I was running out of steam a bit on the last drag up the Firhouse Road on the way home. Managed to distract myself for the last stretch by taking out a bag of Lucozade jelly beans and getting stuck in. They tasted pretty crap, but the mental distraction of eating them got me home.

Will see how the legs are on Sunday before making a call on whether I do the Rathfarnham 5k or not. If they're feeling decent, I'll give it a shot - if not, I'll just run easy on Sunday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Just saw your job news, congrats! And fair play on getting the lsr out of the way by Friday evening :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Fairplay, see you on sunday. I reckon you'll smash that 24 minutes from Jingle bells last year
    By the way, if you were wondering who that was beeping at you at 6pm as you came over the bridge at dodder valley park, that was me! You must have been into mile 17 by then.

menoscemo wrote: »
    Fairplay, see you on sunday. I reckon you'll smash that 24 minutes from Jingle bells last year
    By the way, if you were wondering who that was beeping at you at 6pm as you came over the bridge at dodder valley park, that was me! You must have been into mile 17 by then.

Kinda guessed it was you actually! Was sorta off in my own world at that stage though.

Bam, injured :(

Right hip had been a bit tight after my long run, so did a decent amount of stretching and rolling on Saturday in an attempt to get it ready to race on Sunday morning. This appears to have been counterproductive, my hip hurt like hell yesterday. Did more stretching yesterday, having taken some yoga pose advice from a friend, and it felt a bit better this morning. Decided to head out this evening and check it out, was feeling it as soon as I ran at all. Gave it a couple of miles, before saying F*ck That and heading back home because it was really uncomfortable. Currently waiting for the physio to ring me back.

*cry*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Oh crap, fingers crossed its nothing too serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

sh**e, I hope it clears up soon and the physio sorts you out.

Oh well done on the job :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

try not to worry too much until you get a diagnosis (easier said than done i know) - could be easily sorted.

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Fingers crossed here too - really, it might be nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

get well soon.

Got my physio appointment for 2pm tomorrow. Time to play the waiting game.

Tbh right now I'm hoping for the best and fearing the worst, and trying not to start googling injuries :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Crack open a bottle of wine for tonight and wait until you hear what the Physio says tomorrow and keep us posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Aimman wrote: »
    Crack open a bottle of wine for tonight and wait until you hear what the Physio says tomorrow and keep us posted.

+1 to that. No point in stressing out just yet. :rolleyes: Wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Noooo, dooooom! Fingers crossed it'll be ok tomorrow, will be thinking of you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Look after yourself. Lots of swimming for you missy.

Hope you get good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Fingers crossed for you Rainbow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

Ah sh1te RK!

So so sorry to hear this :(

Fingers crossed the appointment goes well today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Oh noooooooooooo :(
    Fingers and toes crossed for you today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Best of luck with the phsio RK. Hope it's nothing that will keep you off your feet :(

Physio verdict: bursitis in my right hip. No 20 miler for me before DCM, but lots of strengthening work and physio pain should get me to the startline mostly in one piece. No running until I see her on Friday, when I get kinesiotaped up for a 12 mile LSR on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

It could be better, but could be a whole lot worse - at least you'll make it to the start line.

RayCun wrote: »
    It could be better, but could be a whole lot worse - at least you'll make it to the start line.

+1
    Look after yourself.

That's a positive kirby - keep the head up. All will be good.

Physio again this morning. I'm allowed to run (not more than 12 miles) tomorrow, and I have to go back on Tuesday. Trust me, I cannot wait for tomorrow!

Fantastic that you're allowed to run. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Youve got plenty of miles in the legs and its close enough now to DCM that you dont need to stress too much about heavy mileage. Good luck with the next few weeks and take care of the bod!!

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    Youve got plenty of miles in the legs and its close enough now to DCM that you dont need to stress too much about heavy mileage. Good luck with the next few weeks and take care of the bod!!

Big +1 to this. Your at the stage now where short, sharp runs will keep you in grand form fitness wise for dublin

Advertisement