Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Motion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

All the cool kids are too lazy to start a new log for 2011 :pac:

Didn't bother going out for New Year's last night, just wasn't really in the mood. Curled up in my PJs and watched the Rush documentary and a few other movies. Ate lots of Green and Black's chocolate in the process. :D

Was in two minds about whether to race or not - legs definitely didn't feel fresh enough to race though when I woke up this morning so I decided to just go for an easy run instead. 8.5 miles - 9.43/mile average pace. Nice start to 2011 for me, and I'm now on 37 miles for this week so far. If I do any more than 3 miles tomorrow, it will be record weekly mileage for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Nice mileage and nice start to the new year!

Just went out for a short one this afternoon, 4 miles @ 9.30/mile average pace. I've now officiallly completed my highest mileage week ever - 41 miles :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I've now officiallly completed my highest mileage week ever :D

Congrats!! Me too....thiking of hitting the UCD track on tuesday. Maybe mix it up a bit this time and do 6 x 800m. Are you in?

menoscemo wrote: »
    Congrats!! Me too....thiking of hitting the UCD track on tuesday. Maybe mix it up a bit this time and do 6 x 800m. Are you in?

Wednesday would suit me better - group run in the morning so I'd like to take Tuesday as a rest day. But yes, I was actually thinking of 800s as a track session this week. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Wednesday would suit me better - group run in the morning so I'd like to take Tuesday as a rest day. But yes, I was actually thinking of 800s as a track session this week. :)

Ok, suits me fine to leave it until wednesday (I'm off all week anyway :P). I'll stick it up in the group training thread after tomorrows run. I was just planning on doing the 10 tomorrow but could be tempted to do more.....

Ah I wasn't planning on doing more than 10 tomorrow myself! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Just catching up on your log. My God woman, you're going great guns lately. Fair play to you. You look really in tune for Barcelona. Keep it up!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Good luck with all your goals for 2011! :)

10 miles with the group this morning, somewhere around 9.30/mile average pace. Pre-work training binge complete, 51 miles since Tuesday 28th :D

Well-earned rest day tomorrow, intervals on Wednesday, squeeze in a couple of other runs and LSR (16-18 miles) on Sunday. :)

• Advertisement

You know it's New Year's when you take one day off and your log drops to page 4 :pac:

5.5 miles tonight - speed session with menopause. 6x800m intervals, plus warm-up and cooldown. Intervals were all of the order of 3.50-3.55 for 800m - this could probably do with some improvement, I think I'm carrying some post-Christmas ballast! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

You know it's New Year's when you take one day off and your log drops to page 4 :pac:

:pac:

Brillant!!!:D

5 very slow miles recovery this evening (and I mean very slow, it was actually outside 10 min/mile pace, so I was taking it dead easy). Cold as fcuk out there, broke out the ultra-toasty fleece hat.

I'd like to take this opportunity too to raise a giant middle finger to the local council, whose water restrictions are making it incredibly difficult to actually get a proper shower during the week - unbelievably frustrating when you run in the evening after work! 7am to 7pm is ridiculous for anyone who works full-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Can't believe ye still have water restrictions. That is crazy.

8.5 miles easy (just under 10 min/mile average pace) with digger this morning - pretty icy but a lovely morning for it. Glad to get a solid run in anyway, even if jcsmum couldn't make it. LSR tomorrow - it's been a pretty solid week. :)

Headed to Dundrum afterwards though, my poor Laser card....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

8.5 miles easy (just under 10 min/mile average pace) with digger this morning - pretty icy but a lovely morning for it. Glad to get a solid run in anyway, even if jcsmum couldn't make it. LSR tomorrow - it's been a pretty solid week. :)

Headed to Dundrum afterwards though, my poor Laser card....

Nothing better than a well deserved treat...hope it wasn't all sports gear :D

shazkea wrote: »
    Nothing better than a well deserved treat...hope it wasn't all sports gear :D
    There was a Nike running cap (reduced to €8 in Lifestyle), but the rest of it included tops and a shirt in Penneys, shoes in Clarks and a couple of other bits. Saw another shirt that I (at first) thought looked nice in M&S, but when I tried it on it made me look about 5 months pregnant! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Productive day then but knew there had to be something sports in there - wouldn't be a proper days shopping otherwise. Sales any good over there - haven't ventured over there yet

It's just getting to the end of the sales now, so there's a lot of odd sizes. If I was a size 8 with size 3 feet I'd be laughing, but I'm neither of the above! I got a chocolate brown long cardi in M&S in Grafton Street yesterday for €12 though (they have black and purple left in Dundrum, mostly in size 10), and my shoes today were €19 down from €65. Zara has some nice stuff left - saw a couple of dresses that I wouldn't mind getting for wearing for work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

I bought a few bits for work in Zara last week but wasn't in the mood to try anything on....returned 90% of my purchases this morning. Lesson learned!

Good running there last week RK! :)

• Advertisement

Just over 17 miles today, with the group for the first 10 miles and just with menopause for the rest. 9.35/mile average pace, though I may have paid the price for starting more quickly than that because the last 3-4 miles today felt very tough. Must have looked a bit of a state after, because my dad thought I was ill or something when I got back home! :eek:

Not gonna lie, a can of real Coke and a Tiffin fixed a lot. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Just over 17 miles today, with the group for the first 10 miles and just with menopause for the rest. 9.35/mile average pace, though I may have paid the price for starting more quickly than that because the last 3-4 miles today felt very tough. Must have looked a bit of a state after, because my dad thought I was ill or something when I got back home! :eek:

Not gonna lie, a can of real Coke and a Tiffin fixed a lot. :)

Well, that's the New Year resolution gone up in smoke;)...Some milage you've been doing all the same, I see you've overtaken me on the 1,000 mile challenge...When I put up yesterday's run I was 13th...The lofty heights of it all!!:)

Ok, since I've gotten home both parents have commented that they think I look ill, and my mum put an extra 2 sugars into my coffee. That's a bit scary. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Ok, since I've gotten home both parents have commented that they think I look ill, and my mum put an extra 2 sugars into my coffee. That's a bit scary. :eek:

'' My lovely horse....Running through the field..Where are you going with your fetlocks blowing in the wind....I want to shower you with sugar lumps....'';)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Did you really miss the Man Utd vs Liverpool match by doing todays run? Now thats hardcore :D

Did you really miss the Man Utd vs Liverpool match by doing todays run? Now thats hardcore :D

Yes I did, I completely forgot it was a 1:30pm kickoff! :eek:

Oh well, I'm still a tenner better off due to various bets on the match at home :)

Yes I did, I completely forgot it was a 1:30pm kickoff! :eek:

Oh well, I'm still a tenner better off due to various bets on the match at home :)

You didn't miss much, you were all over them for most of it. Any racing plans for next weekend or you just gonna wait for the Raheny 5? You're in pb shape now i'd say.

You didn't miss much, you were all over them for most of it. Any racing plans for next weekend or you just gonna wait for the Raheny 5? You're in pb shape now i'd say.

I think my arm was twisted into doing the Waterford half. I've pretty much got an enforced taper this week because I'm going to Paris for 3 days with work so I won't be able to get too much running in, so I think it might be worth having a lash at a sub-1:55 half next weekend. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

pretty much got an enforced taper this week because I'm going to Paris for 3 days with work so I won't be able to get too much running in, :)

Get you- 3 days in Paris with work- Im so jealous, where can I get me a job like that?:)

• Advertisement

I think my arm was twisted into doing the Waterford half. I've pretty much got an enforced taper this week because I'm going to Paris for 3 days with work so I won't be able to get too much running in, so I think it might be worth having a lash at a sub-1:55 half next weekend. :)

Nice, pub after then? :p You'll crack 1'55 i reckon. Check out the Bois de Boulogne for a run if you can? Its like the phoenix park, some great running trails.

Advertisement