Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Motion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Won't be much pubbing from me that day, I'll probably be trying to get back to Dublin straight afterwards because a friend of mine wants me to go to Tommy Tiernan in Vicar Street that night.

Ta for the tip, though runs are probably going to have to be squeezed in at 6.30am while I'm there :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

because I'm going to Paris for 3 days with work :)

Oh rub it in why don't you.......;)

Won't be much pubbing from me that day, I'll probably be trying to get back to Dublin straight afterwards because a friend of mine wants me to go to Tommy Tiernan in Vicar Street that night.

Ta for the tip, though runs are probably going to have to be squeezed in at 6.30am while I'm there :eek:

Tommy Tiernan was at the Man U v Pool match today.....Soft pen.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

My God, that is some mileage you're racking up! Well done!

5 dead slow recovery miles tonight (no watch, but most likely outside 10 min/mile). Legs were a bit grumpy at first but soon settled into it. I seem to recover quite a bit more quickly now from long runs than I used to, which is good :)

Wanted to squeeze that in tonight because I won't be able to get a run in tomorrow - flight is at 7.30pm and I've got close to a full working day before that. Spent my lunch break in work searching Paris running routes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Spent my lunch break in work searching Paris running routes...

Where abouts in Paris are you (which arrondissment). I've ran all over Paris on weekends there, so i know some ok routes. I always go in early October so i have to run cause of the upcoming DCM! :rolleyes: You can't go wrong running along the by Seine, especially if its gonna be dark, don't nother with the park at 6.30am, its all a bit furry glen there then :D

Where abouts in Paris are you (which arrondissment). I've ran all over Paris on weekends there, so i know some ok routes. I always go in early October so i have to run cause of the upcoming DCM! :rolleyes: You can't go wrong running along the by Seine, especially if its gonna be dark, don't nother with the park at 6.30am, its all a bit furry glen there then :D

Just off the Champs-Elysees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Just off the Champs-Elysees.

Depends on which end you're on. If its the Concorde end the Jardin des Tuileries and the esplanande des invalides after you cross the pont alexandre are good spots. For the Jardin du tuileres just remember the place de la concorde is a traffic maze, as is place de etoile where the arc is up the other end of the champs elysees. The louvre glass pyramid is at the end of the jardin and well worth a look. You could do worse than run up the champs elysees, very wide footpaths (idea stolen by O'Connell St. in Dublin I suspect) from the arc to concorde. From the arc run down avenue foch to trocadero, best view of the eiffel tower. All roads slope downhill away from the arc, some are steeper than others but nothing major. maybe check out the paris marathon route too, you might end up doing it some day. Enjoy!

4 miles around Jardin des Tuileries yesterday morning, got drenched. Felt like home. :pac:

Also, whoever invented AZERTY layout keyboards needs to go die in a fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

Hello stranger, long time no talk.

Seems like your not letting any grass grow under your feet, your flying. So update me on all, what you training for now, waterford half or another marathon? How's the hip injury now?

I've been tipping away on 7/8 milers, nothing too hectic, have had the flu practically the last month and no sign of it going:rolleyes:

Was hiking alot throughout the snow but recently started rock climbing. Oh my God i though running LSR's gave me a buzz, this is in a different league.

So what's everyone else been up to Ray, Nacho Queen, Digger etc.?

Will be talking to Mr.Slow later so will have to get him to kick my arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

JEmily wrote: »

Seems like your not letting any grass grow under your feet, your flying.

You better believe it, she's leaving us all in the dust!

Another easy 4 miles late yesterday evening around Jardin des Tuileries. Hit up Decathlon on Boulevard de la Madeleine and grabbed a few bits yesterday - there needs to be one of those in Dublin!

Waterford half tomorrow. I've probably put on a stone in the last week, damn you tasty French food! :eek:

Another easy 4 miles late yesterday evening around Jardin des Tuileries. Hit up Decathlon on Boulevard de la Madeleine and grabbed a few bits yesterday - there needs to be one of those in Dublin!

Waterford half tomorrow. I've probably put on a stone in the last week, damn you tasty French food! :eek:

I forgot you were running it...Training run or are you going for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Good luck tomorrow !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Good luck tomorrow RK, hope it's a pb :)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    I forgot you were running it...Training run or are you going for it?

Leaning towards going for it, depends how I feel in the morning though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

Best of luck tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing how you get on. Slow afternoon at work today, got through first 20 pages or so of your log. Good read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Good luck with the race tomorrow RK

*looks out window*

Oy vey. This ain't gonna be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

I know, it's a horrible day. I'm sitting in car outside Phoenix park, rain is pelting down and it's bloody cold. Remind me again why we do this?? Good luck in Waterford :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Best of luck RK

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Congrats on the PB! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

+1

Ye all did well down there today

Finished just inside 1:56 (30 second PB), too tired to write a race report now. Ask me tomorrow :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Excellent, well done on PB :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Finished just inside 1:56 (30 second PB), too tired to write a race report now. Ask me tomorrow :pac:

One too many at Tommy?! ;)

claralara wrote: »
    One too many at Tommy?! ;)

I only had 4 beers in total yesterday, I don't see where "one too many" happened there :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Well done on the PB RK. Will we see you next Sat for the XC in Firhouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Fair play RK, great result! Good that you didn't let the travel get in the way of running either...

• Advertisement

gerard65 wrote: »
    Well done on the PB RK. Will we see you next Sat for the XC in Firhouse?

Probably not, I'd need to go out and buy a pair of XC spikes, and I'd also prefer to get a 20 miler out of the way on Saturday. Barcelona has to be the focus for now.

10.2 miles today (9.27/mile average pace) with the group in the Phoenix Park. Not quite a recovery run! Lovely day for it though, particularly after the vaguely hung-over feeling dissipated after I opened up a bottle of Lucozade Sport after 5 miles. Glad to get the miles in anyway, that ends my stepback week with a total of 36.3 miles.

Yesterday - tl;dr version: I PB'd but not by much.

Wasn't sure how the race would go considering that I only got in from Paris at 9.30pm on Friday and it would be a relatively early start on Saturday to get down from Dublin to Waterford. Also knew the forecast was absolutely horrendous - high winds and pouring rain, *ideal* racing conditions :pac: In an "ah sure why not" moment, I decided to have a crack at the PB anyway. Unfortunately every female runner's nightmare happened, and a certain monthly visitor decided to come at a rather inopportune moment - which meant cramps and general stomach crapness from about mile 3 onwards. Decided just to keep pushing on, but I really didn't feel like I could give 100% all the way. Still a PB (chip time 1:55:55) though, but I feel like it's a relatively soft one. I'd say that on a better day sub-1:55 was absolutely guaranteed, and on a really good day that ~1:53 was there.

Also, the Rocky Road afterwards was absolutely AMAZING. :D

Advertisement