Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Motion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

So that's where all the rocky roads went to...none left by the time I made my way up - mind you I was more than happy with those cookies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sorry, I think I must have eaten yours... had 4 big pieces :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Dunno about anyone else, but, that sounds like incredible running weather to me! Best race of 2010 for me was Cork...sounds like the weather was similar. :D

Girly stuff always knows when you're running well so likes to hit you then.

Damn you mother nature!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Well done on the pb RK, fair play to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

I won't comment on the 'girly stuff' but suffice to say - Well Done!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Ah jebas lads......I had to shave this morning (and every morning) and it doesn't effect my performance :D Delighted you had a good race rk, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Congrats on the pb and well done on getting the miles in today. Can’t believe you managed 10 after yesterday, all I managed was a day on the couch :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done on your pb, despite you feeling below par physically. I have to feel 100% physically & mentally before all races. Not sure how anyone runs any other way.
    Great to meet up with you afterwards. :)

5 miles at absolutely glacial pace this evening (seriously, it was about 10.30/mile), just wanted a bit of fresh air really! Probably should have taken tonight off, but tomorrow's going to be a long day in work plus I've got to help my sister and her friend with LC maths afterwards so I wouldn't have time for a run.

Will probably do about 8 on Wednesday, whether I add quality or not depends on how the legs are holding up. If I do, it'll probably be 3-4 miles at tempo pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Fair play for sticking with the group and getting those 10 miles in yesterday unlike a certain 'bailer'...:rolleyes:

Enjoy your maths grinds...I don't envy that!

• Advertisement

Also, saw that a Garmin 305 is down to £104 on Amazon, and that I owe about €120 less on my credit card than I thought I did... ;)

Also, saw that a Garmin 305 is down to £104 on Amazon, and that I owe about €120 less on my credit card than I thought I did... ;)

That's cos you still owe me for petrol.......:D

Ha ha, can't wait to see you lapping the car to make up the mileage:D

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Well done on Sunday. Was a nasty day for it!

Rest day yesterday, badly needed because my legs were in bits. 10 miles on Sunday was probably a bit ambitious at anything faster than 10 min/mile pace! :pac:

9 miles this evening, first 6 very easy and picked it up a bit for the last 3 (9.00, 9.00, 8.45). It's a chilly one out there this evening, but it's a really still, moonlit night so it made for quite pleasant running really.

Still haven't ordered the Garmin :pac:

Also, trying to decide whether I want to do the Raheny 5 or not - tempted to do it as the last 5 miles of a fast-finish long run, as in do a nice little 10-12 mile warmup around St Anne's Park beforehand and then try and get under 45 minutes for the race.

Rest day yesterday, badly needed because my legs were in bits. 10 miles on Sunday was probably a bit ambitious at anything faster than 10 min/mile pace! :pac:

9 miles this evening, first 6 very easy and picked it up a bit for the last 3 (9.00, 9.00, 8.45). It's a chilly one out there this evening, but it's a really still, moonlit night so it made for quite pleasant running really.

Still haven't ordered the Garmin :pac:

Also, trying to decide whether I want to do the Raheny 5 or not - tempted to do it as the last 5 miles of a fast-finish long run, as in do a nice little 10-12 mile warmup around St Anne's Park beforehand and then try and get under 45 minutes for the race.

See you there!!!

mrslow wrote: »
    See you there!!!

I think he's on commission......;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Hope you enjoyed those extra 6 miles...didn't envy yee!

Car is packed - I've had to put the tin of roses in the boot or else they won't last the road trip! Have a good night tonight :)

Ah now, I did enjoy the extra miles. Felt better today than I've ever felt during/after a 20-miler before, so I'm very happy with that. :)

20.1 miles (9.37/mile average pace) - that's 2 20s in the bag now, plan is to do a 20 and a 22 before Barcelona. Menopause was trying to twist my arm into doing 22 today, but I was having none of it. Instead we ended up hitting the Kyber after 19 miles, fun times :pac: Good Conn prep though!

Ah now, I did enjoy the extra miles. Felt better today than I've ever felt during/after a 20-miler before, so I'm very happy with that. :)

20.1 miles (9.37/mile average pace) - that's 2 20s in the bag now, plan is to do a 20 and a 22 before Barcelona. Menopause was trying to twist my arm into doing 22 today, but I was having none of it. Instead we ended up hitting the Kyber after 19 miles, fun times :pac: Good Conn prep though!

Good woman, you'll be flying come Barca !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Good spin today, I'm planning the same 20m of pain in the AM...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

20.1 miles (9.37/mile average pace)

Good run, really setting yourself up for a sub-4

8.5 miles on tired legs this afternoon - 9.18/mile average pace. The usual - run to Tymon, 2 laps of the Slí na Slainte, back up home. Glad to get that out of the way - didn't feel like I had an awful lot of energy starting out, but woke up a bit after about 5 miles. 42.5 miles this week (having missed one planned run, my iced-off 5 mile recovery on Thursday night), 132.4 for the year. Pretty happy with that. :)

2nd female on the 1000 mile challenge at the moment too, not gonna lie, that is acting as a bit of a motivator.

Nice easy 5 mile recovery after work tomorrow, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

20 Saturday, 8.5 Sunday, 5 Monday? What plan are you following? (so I can avoid it!)

RayCun wrote: »
    20 Saturday, 8.5 Sunday, 5 Monday? What plan are you following? (so I can avoid it!)

Not following any particular plan, just trying to keep things relatively solid. I tend to function reasonably well on 5 days running a week - and I have a preference for Tuesday and Friday as rest days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Excellent run. Deffo on for sub 4 in barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Oh my God, that is some running you're doing. Fantastic stuff! :)

5 miles recovery, legs very grouchy tonight. Have booked myself in for a sports massage on Wednesday, think it's needed at this stage just to loosen everything out. Gotta spend some quality time with the foam roller too, fun times :pac:

5 miles recovery, legs very grouchy tonight. Have booked myself in for a sports massage on Wednesday, think it's needed at this stage just to loosen everything out. Gotta spend some quality time with the foam roller too, fun times :pac:

:eek: RK, Surely that's a comment for 'After Hours'......;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Pfft...no you didn't. Show's how good BHC's PR skills are! :pac:

Good running. Any decision on Sunday? I'm hoping to go around after the race for an hour or maybe 90 mins...then go to the pub! :) Main aim on Sunday for me is to get the legs moving fast again. Anything between 35 and 40 minutes would have me happy and still more than capable of continuing on afterwards.

Advertisement