Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Motion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

170.5 miles for the month, which is by far my highest mileage month ever (best previous was September 2009, which had about 125-130). 2 more good strong weeks and then we're tapering. :D

Great milage there rainbow kirby, you must be feeling very confident now for Barca! Great stuff :)

Btw, any advice on how to handle the 5 weeks (training-wise) between Barcelona and Connemara are greatly appreciated...

Are you doing the full in Connemara too? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

RubyK wrote: »
    Yup! *gulp*

No time goal though, just finish, have fun, and have a few drinks back in Galway afterwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Yup! *gulp*

No time goal though, just finish, have fun, and have a few drinks back in Galway afterwards!

Some woman! No bother to you :pac: You'll have earned yourself a right good session in Galway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Yup! *gulp*

Sub4 defo!

mrslow wrote: »
    Sub4 defo!

Barcelona is the sub-4 attempt :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

RubyK wrote: »
    Yup! *gulp*

Would you accept money and/or a lifetime supply of tiffin (which, by the way, I think is just a fancy way of saying chocolate biscuit cake… posho!;)) in return for mentoring me to cross the finish line in one physical and emotional piece?! It’ll be like a sweet babysitting deal! I know a typical babysitter likes to sit on the couch and eat for 4.5-5 hours but this won’t be no typical gig! :eek:

claralara wrote: »
    Would you accept money and/or a lifetime supply of tiffin (which, by the way, I think is just a fancy way of saying chocolate biscuit cake… posho!;)) in return for mentoring me to cross the finish line in one physical and emotional piece?! It’ll be like a sweet babysitting deal! I know a typical babysitter likes to sit on the couch and eat for 4.5-5 hours but this won’t be no typical gig! :eek:

You've several coaches already missy!

I was sold at the lifetime supply of tiffin :pac:

Will do what I can to help ya - but you will be fine, no matter what you're thinking now!

I was sold at the lifetime supply of tiffin :pac:

Will do what I can to help ya - but you will be fine, no matter what you're thinking now!

Taper madness is gonna be fun!

Taper madness is gonna be fun!

It always is! :pac:

(even more fun around Dublin time when there's over 100 posts a day worth of taper madness on the novices thread...)

• Advertisement

It always is! :pac:

(even more fun around Dublin time when there's over 100 posts a day worth of taper madness on the novices thread...)

What are you getting at?:rolleyes:

What are you getting at?:rolleyes:

Oh nothing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

You've several coaches already missy!

I have yet to find their weak spots by which I can bribe them though! :)

I have yet to find their weak spots by which I can bribe them though! :)

I am incorruptible! :rolleyes:

Oh nothing :pac:

I was fine*!

*Translation - terrified and spent the final week running around in circles flaying my hands wildly through the air screaming like a little girl covered in my own snot bubbles

I dislike kerbs. Stepped down off one less than 1km into my run tonight, and instantly realised when I hit the deck that it was higher than I thought. :eek: Like a trooper, I kept going with said run, but only got 6 miles (9.30/mile average pace) done rather than the planned 10 miles with a few at PMP after I realised that my knees looked like a scene from a horror movie and badly needed to be cleaned up. I seem to skin my knees more often than the average 7 year old...

Will try and get 8-9 miles in tomorrow to make up for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Ooooh! I feel your pain. :P
    My personal nemesis is shadows that disguise kerbs, dips, potholes, grills, etc. Come a cropper on more than one occasion... :rolleyes:

I seem to have done something with my ankle too, woke up this morning and my right ankle was very painful just below the bone. Gonna have to get that checked out :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I seem to have done something with my ankle too, woke up this morning and my right ankle was very painful just below the bone. Gonna have to get that checked out :mad:

Sh1te...Hope it's ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

oh crikey, hope you're all right.
    But as Super-runner, don't you have special powers or something? :p

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that missus, hope it's trivial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

good luck!

Mild ankle sprain. 5 days no running. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

dammit. You'll just have to leave the 22 miler to the following week.

menoscemo wrote: »
    dammit. You'll just have to leave the 22 miler to the following week.

Pretty much what I was thinking :pac:

Gonna try and get a bit of swimming done over the weekend anyway just to keep things ticking over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

I was fine*!

*Translation - terrified and spent the final week running around in circles flaying my hands wildly through the air screaming like a little girl covered in my own snot bubbles

Best taper madness description ever ;)
    Hope the ankle is ok RK, hopefully you'll be back next week - rest might even be good at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Jaybas....That's about 150 miles you'll miss out on ;)

Ah Sh1te missus, sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

5 days off will do you no harm at all. Trust the training you've already done.

(I'm sure I could look back in the novice thread and find you saying the exact same thing somewhere!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

ah crap! But as the others said, don't panic, you definitely need the rest.

For the next 5 days the roads of Firhouse/Knocklyon are mine, all mine...... well not really, cos I'm kinda lazy. Too windy. ;)

Advertisement