Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Motion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

hollypink wrote: »
    Yes that was me alright. Still feeling proud of myself for doing nearly 8 miles today, even if I did fade after mile 7. Fair play on the 18 miles, I'm in awe of such mileage!
    mrslow wrote: »
    It doesn't be long growing, you looked quite fresh as you got to the car park.

Unfortunately he's right! Well done this morning, you did great. I apologise again on RK's lack of skills and take no repsonsibility whatsoever :rolleyes: Haha. Lovely to meet you and I hope you'll join us again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

It doesn't be long growing, .

You are such a bragger!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

digger2d2 wrote: »
    You are such a bragger!! ;)

At least I don't wave it about in front of female competitors, say prior to a half marathon :rolleyes:

At least I don't wave it about in front of female competitors, say prior to a half marathon :rolleyes:

That would be an ecumenical matter.......:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

That's what she said :pac:

• Advertisement

That's what she said :pac:

She wasn't in a position to talk......;)

She wasn't in a position to talk......;)

Was she torn between puking and laughing?

Was she torn between puking and laughing?

Please keep that kind of talk between yourself and claralara ;)

Please keep that kind of talk between yourself and claralara ;)

You've just brought her into this for no reason, now you're in deep sh1te! :D

Christ almighty, can I not leave you kids* alone for 5 minutes?

RK back to work, mrslow you keep your sh1t stirring instrument to yourself and Digdig I want to see you in my office - don't think you can waltz along to a group run, meet me once, make me bail out after 3 miles and then have free reign on besmirching my name. We'll be having serious words!

*Don't take that as a compliment. It's not!

• Advertisement

I love the way that childish argument and innuendo pushed my log over 1,000 posts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

I thought this was a running log, Just realised its the transcript from an Episode of Jeremy Kyle! :eek:

There is *some* running there! :pac:

It just so happens that my log has been hijacked...

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Jeez..... Mr. Slow.... I take a couple months off to go put on some weight and bulk up a little for April and i wander back onto these threads to find you still **** stirring!!

*tut tut tut* ;).....

Sorry everyone that i have been away for so long....Running has taken a back seat for the last and next couple of months cuz I am trying to bulk up a bit....Only doing bout 10 miles a week.....

How are the LSR's going?? I actually would be interested in meeting for one at some point in the next month *famous last words I know as I have said it a few times* but I want to get a couple of longer runs in like....

So how is everyones training going.....aslso when is this MSB 5km.... RK you have tickled my interest in this cuz it fits in with the bit of speed work I have been doing. :P

MSB 5k is 20 March. Get training :pac:

LSRs would have gone a hell of a lot better if I hadn't sprained my ankle or picked up a bug over the last month, but I've still got 2x 20 milers, 18.6 miles and 2x 17 milers done for Barcelona/Connemara. It remains to be seen whether this was enough :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I've still got 2x 20 milers, 18.6 miles and 2x 17 milers done for Barcelona/Connemara. It remains to be seen whether this was enough :pac:

it's loads, especially since it was all done on the back of another marathon training cycle and you know what to expect from the distance.

in-frame.jpg

LSRs would have gone a hell of a lot better if I hadn't sprained my ankle or picked up a bug over the last month, but I've still got 2x 20 milers, 18.6 miles and 2x 17 milers done for Barcelona/Connemara. It remains to be seen whether this was enough :pac:

Symptoms you're suffering from taper madness.

I am trained enough for it ;)

The aim is a 20 minute 5km. I think its doable :)

I might see you there....but where is it?

An finally on ur training.... You have done more than I did for the DCM

I did 1 20m, 1 18m and 2x16m and that was the extent of my LSR's.....and I did the bloody thing in jus over 4 hours...... You will schmoke that Barca marathon no bother to ya :)

5 miles easy this evening (9.45/mile pace), pretty bog-standard weekday run really. Wanted to get out yesterday but it was my little sister's 18th birthday and my parents were bringing the whole family out for a meal. Trying to put all thoughts of Barcelona out of my mind at the moment, tbh.

Will probably do about 10-12 miles for an LSR this weekend. Mmm, taperrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Trying to put all thoughts of Barcelona out of my mind at the moment, tbh.

Good luck with that, i'm one step short of thinking about it every minute of every day tbh.

• Advertisement

Good luck with that, i'm one step short of thinking about it every minute of every day tbh.

Don't ya just love taper madness?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

It's the toughest part of marathon training :D

RubyK wrote: »
    It's the toughest part of marathon training :D

I seem to be suffering from something along these lines that I have fondly named First Marathon Madness...if were to last only 3 weeks of Taper I'd be delighted. I'm on week 8/14 of whatever the hell it is that's infiltrated my body and mind! :confused:

claralara wrote: »
    I seem to be suffering from something along these lines that I have fondly named First Marathon Madness...if were to last only 3 weeks of Taper I'd be delighted. I'm on week 8/14 of whatever the hell it is that's infiltrated my body and mind! :confused:

Clara....

During my taper madness I decided it would be a good idea to get my legs waxed for charity.... but not the whole lot... just the front of them....I then proceeded to give out to about 3 of my friends cuz I thought they had gotten me sick and was going for runs at 1 or 2 in the morning cuz i thought I hadn't trained enough for the week...

Welcome to our world lol..... it only gets worse from here... but you will LOVE IT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Ooooh, taper madness is so much fun isn't it??? Was awake for most of the night before last, analysing the pain in my leg and looking at the internet (damn you iPhone). Diagnosed myself with deep vein thrombosis - because at 4 a.m. there isn't anyone to tell you to cop on, it's just a sore muscle... 10 days and counting....

On another note, RK did you try the compression socks and did they work? Thinking of investing in a pair but not sure if the benefits outweigh how completely stupid I'll look.:rolleyes:

I tried them - they were useful for giving my ankle a little extra support on my long runs (my main purpose in buying them). Will wear them for Barca on physio recommendation. They do look pretty daft though, as claralara and menopause will tell you :pac:

I tried them - they were useful for giving my ankle a little extra support on my long runs (my main purpose in buying them). Will wear them for Barca on physio recommendation. They do look pretty daft though, as claralara and menopause will tell you :pac:

They do indeed but they're great for recovery!

6 miles this evening - 1 mile warmup at 9.50/mile pace, then 5 miles in 42.45 (8.33/mile). Didn't really plan it that way, was cursing myself for going along with that about 4 miles in thanks to a lovely headwind to the face for a large proportion of the route, but glad I did it. Was going to leave it at 4 faster miles, but I was turning out of the wind at that stage so I just said meh and kept going. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

6 miles this evening - 1 mile warmup at 9.50/mile pace, then 5 miles in 42.45 (8.33/mile). Didn't really plan it that way, was cursing myself for going along with that about 4 miles in thanks to a lovely headwind to the face for a large proportion of the route, but glad I did it. Was going to leave it at 4 faster miles, but I was turning out of the wind at that stage so I just said meh and kept going. :)

It was windy alright. My cap nearly blew off my head. :o

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »
    It was windy alright. My cap nearly blew off . :o

Dear God.......T-M-I :eek:

Advertisement