Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Motion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Dear God.......T-M-I :eek:

What's TMI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

jcsmum wrote: »
    What's TMI?

Too much information...I have teenage kids ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Not according to MrSlow! ;)

And what the heck is wrong with what I said? :D You wear a cap on your head (jeez double meanings & smutty inuendo everywhere with you)
    Thought at your age, wearing a cap (albeit a tweed one) would be very common to you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Dear God.......T-M-I :eek:

But the kids would have said OMG WTF? TMI

Wonder has anybody invented a txtspk version of scrabble yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Was very lazy yesterday - chose shopping, a haircut, watching election coverage, rugby (England v France) and football (Mallorca v Barcelona) over going for a run. Went out this morning though - 10.4 miles @ 9.20/mile pace. Felt a bit tired this morning, but this always happens in taper, things get a bit crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

That was a good run this morning :)

This time next week... is excitement part of taper madness or does it stop at insanity and despair?! :pac:

claralara wrote: »
    This time next week... is excitement part of taper madness or does it stop at insanity and despair?! :pac:
    Oh excitement is part of it too, it just has to be balanced with a suitable level of insanity and despair!

claralara wrote: »
    or does it stop at insanity and despair?! :pac:

I'm told you have both of the above in abundance........;)

The cheap Casio watch I bought the day before my first 5k finally bit the dust today. Garmin 305 ordered, but it's touch and go whether it will be here in time for Barcelona given that it is scheduled to be delivered to work on Thursday :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

You can always pick up another cheap watch between now and then. You just want a stopwatch, right?

• Advertisement

RayCun wrote: »
    You can always pick up another cheap watch between now and then. You just want a stopwatch, right?

Yeah, if it hasn't arrived by Thursday evening I'm going to just head over to Argos. Stopwatch and a 4 hour pace band marked in km should do me. :)

2nd cold in 3 weeks has arrived. Cue much misery. Skipping the run I'd planned for tonight, I'm trying to blast this out with Lemsip, Berocca and rest. Getting very worried about Barcelona now, if the cold doesn't go very quickly I'll most likely have to re-evaluate my goal. :(

ffs.....It's really unfair the way these things happen! Keep hydrated, keep warm and keep Tiffin'd :pac:

keep Tiffin'd :pac:
    Considering I ate virtually an entire 200g tub of gourmet jelly beans in work today, I'm not sure if this is such a good idea... stupid comfort-eating :pac:

Considering I ate virtually an entire 200g tub of gourmet jelly beans in work today, I'm not sure if this is such a good idea... stupid comfort-eating :pac:

They give you energy and it's '200g' and not 'kg' so it's cool ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

2nd cold in 3 weeks has arrived. Cue much misery. Skipping the run I'd planned for tonight, I'm trying to blast this out with Lemsip, Berocca and rest. Getting very worried about Barcelona now, if the cold doesn't go very quickly I'll most likely have to re-evaluate my goal. :(

Head up
    Luckily most colds don't actually limit your ability to run!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    Head up
    Luckily most colds don't actually limit your ability to run!

Yep, if you remember I caught one on the saturday with DCM on the monday, and still got through it ok.
    You should be fine by sunday if you take precautions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

stupid comfort-eating :pac:

As the old saying goes, "starve a fever, feed a cold".

If you like spicy food, maybe have something really spicy/hot for dinner tonight, and try and sweat it out of you. It works for me :pac:

If all else fails, a couple of hot whiskeys for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Ok!!

You kept me sane during the the DCM so I am going to try do the same for you!:rolleyes:

You should..... drink lots of hot whiskey.... has the added bonus of making you a little drunk and feel invincible :cool:

Dose yourself up on lemsip cold and flu tabs... thats some good squishie! :D

Also you should take on as much vit c as you can handle and have a 2 litre bottle of water by you at all times... Jus chill.... you got taper madness pretty damn bad... you will be grand and will be back here next week regalling us of how class Barcelona was and how much we missed!!!

And we shall be only a little bit jealous!! :p:p:p:p:p:p

Was planning to grab a curry for lunch today, going to have to find the best death chillies close to work! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Was planning to grab a curry for lunch today, going to have to find the best death chillies close to work! :pac:

Yum! A nice chicken phall should banish that cold!

Where do you work? If its in the IFSC TOSS'D do a whopper thai curry..... Strip paint of a wall it would :P

Just off Baggot Street. There's a Govinda's down towards Stephen's Green, I'm sure the Hare Krishnas know what they're doing with that sort of thing.

Garmin 305 just arrived too :D

Ah fair enuf!! You will be grand though I promise ya.... You gots loadsa time to knock this **** on the head

Ya know for all this time I have been following ur blog and chatting to you an the other guys I have never actually met yous/... goin to have to change that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Garmin 305 just arrived too :D

new toy! Now to decide... while you record in miles or km? use autolap? use virtual training partner? current pace or lap pace? so much fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

new toy! Now to decide... while you record in miles or km? use autolap? use virtual training partner? current pace or lap pace? so much fun :D

She's now a Garmin ho, her worst nightmare, watch her circle cars just to round up those numbers :P:pac:

Gonna have to be km at least until I cross the finish line in Barcelona, then back to old money :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Best of luck in the race RK. Hope the cold is well banished by the weekend.

mrslow wrote: »
    She's now a Garmin ho, her worst nightmare, watch her circle cars just to round up those numbers :P:pac:

I saw someone this morning circling the Speaker Connolly four or five times whilst never taking her eyes off her wrist.......;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

Best of luck on Sunday, hopefully the cold will be long banished by then!

Advertisement