Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I renew old A1 provisional license

• 20-11-2009 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

I am thinking of getting a bike up to maybe a 125cc,I have come across an old Provisional License that had category's A1 and also C1 .It expired in 2003
    Is it possible to renew this license or do I have to sit thought a theory test.
    Also can I drive a 125cc on a provisional license
    I am in my 30's now have a B license aswell.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

If the A1 is less than 5 years out then you might be able to get a second A1 but if its over 5 years and you never did a bike theory test you will probably have to do one.
    I wouldn't bother with the A1 learner permit get an A even if you only want to ride a 125 its more hassle in the long run if you ever want something bigger. And 125s tend to get boring for most people pretty quickly.

Yeah you can drive most 125s on a learner for A1 it must be 125cc or under and <= 13bhp. A, you can ride anything once its under 33bhp and almost all bikes can be restricted to meet this requirement.

What bike are you thinking of, is it for commuting, weekends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    If the A1 is less than 5 years out then you might be able to get a second A1 but if its over 5 years and you never did a bike theory test you will probably have to do one.
    I wouldn't bother with the A1 learner permit get an A even if you only want to ride a 125 its more hassle in the long run if you ever want something bigger. And 125s tend to get boring for most people pretty quickly.

Yeah you can drive most 125s on a learner for A1 it must be 125cc or under and <= 13bhp. A, you can ride anything once its under 33bhp and almost all bikes can be restricted to meet this requirement.

What bike are you thinking of, is it for commuting, weekends?

EvilMonkey is correct. You will have to go back to the beginning and sit the theory test. Apply for the A learner permit and do it before CBT comes in. You cant do your test untill you have had your licence for 6 months.

Roadskill

Advertisement