Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with GTX 280

Options
  • 20-11-2009 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Recently bought a GTX 280 off adverts.ie but after upgrading my PSU - 1200W Thermaltake Toughpower - My old PSU was no good as I only had one 6 pin PCI-E connection but with my new PSU it's fine I have everything connected properly (I assume) and when I boot up the light on the Gfx goes green, however when the dvi cable is plugged in to either socket I get no display.

I'm off to the cinema now with the gf but I'd like to go at it again when I get home, far far from an expert with these things but I'd like to think I can get this sorted without having anyone physically help me!

Also not sure what details I haven't given but I can answer any relevant questions when I get back. Please help have a load of new games that I haven't even played yet!!

I'd like to assume also that the card isn't faulty, I bought it from someone with good feedback and it would be a last resort saying that the card doesn't work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Post your board spec, make sure you have it in the right slot, also you could try to delete all display drivers and take out the card, then reboot, reinstall the drivers, nvidia drivers are a bit off lately, so its best to check up on which drivers are stable. I have a GT285 SSC on 181.22 drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

My motherboard is - Gigabyte GA-MA78G-UD3H, Socket-AM2+/AM3
    My case is a Gigabyte Poseidon 310 and my processor is AMD Phenom II X4 955.

Card is in the PCI-E slot closest to the processor, big card so I don't know if it will fit in the other slot (obviously it fits but don't think there's enough room behind it).

Off to bed now after suffering through 2 and a half hours of possibly one of the worst movies ever made.. 2012. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Use driversweeper from 3dguru.com to get rid of the drivers on your pc them install the latest ones afterwards.
    That would be the first step.

You could also just put the cable into the card again to see if it makes any difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭noodletop

if you still have it try your old graphics card and see if you can get a picture from it. i had a board before and when i changed the card same thing no picture. turns out it was a faulty pci-e slot on the board but it was fine for 6 months till i changed the cards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I have a Radeon HD 3870 lying around somewhere so I'll try that later, if that doesn't work I can't get driversweeper as I can't get any picture from this new card..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

you should use the driver sweeper if the 3870 works. Wipe all the drivers then install the card

Advertisement