Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camcorder advice

Options
  • 20-11-2009 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,

I am interested in buying a camcorder for home user..recording family occasions etc...nothing too fancy...I am going to be in new york for a few days on business, would people recommend buying one there?..any tips or things to avoid?

Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

How much are you looking to spend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭bobzee

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. Around 300 euro I guess...well as little as possible!
    Something reasonably simple, quick to record..will most likely at some point be viewing recordings on a flat screen tv...and transferring to dvd/hard drive

I guess the biggest question I have is is PAL/NTSC important these days.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

At that price range you shouldn't have to worry about NTSC/PAL comparisons as they will all most likely be PAL.

I can't give you any recommendations for specific makes/model at that price range but try to get a camcorder with either a hard drive or some sort of memory card recording capability.

The last thing you want to worry about when you are on your hols is tapes for your camcorder.

Here are a couple of links

Pixmania

Dabs.ie

Advertisement