Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Day

• 20-11-2009 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I was checking out the schedule for the Open Days next week and was wondering if anyone can tell me roughly how long each of the talks will go on for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

WHirl7 wrote: »
    I was checking out the schedule for the Open Days next week and was wondering if anyone can tell me roughly how long each of the talks will go on for?

Long enough for you to realise that it was a waste of time going to the open day!
    Unless you've got a specific course in mind or you need to check out some particular facilities then if i had the choice again I wouldn't have gone...
    You do get a day off school though :D

I don't know how long the talks go on for. IMO you should look at the course you're planning on doing. Look at the module names and the module descriptions, also don't think cause it's college that a subject might be more interesting.
    That's a mistake i made, I have no business doing Finance modules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It's cursed. Stay away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

What pestulance shall befall us this year do people reckon? Personally I think frogs raining from the sky would be kind of cool and biblical. Would also give me a use for that giant net I stole from the local aquarium.

Heh. We had the fire last time, mumps before that, a bunch of lads with Geiger counters the year before. Any other tales of misfortune?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Radiation, Mumps, Fire.......Zombies seems like the next inevitable stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Think each lasts for about an hour, never went myself but I can advise you to go to Ken Maddock's thing for chemistry, he'll do explosions and stuff and it's really enjoyable!

It's gotten exponentially worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Think each lasts for about an hour, never went myself but I can advise you to go to Ken Maddock's thing for chemistry, he'll do explosions and stuff and it's really enjoyable!

I went to that one, it was so cooooooool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Wonder what the open day curse will cause this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 WHirl7

Cool, trying to plan how I can make it to the talk for each course I'm thinking of doing. And I'll try not to walk under any ladders etc before friday and i should be ok! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Wonder what the open day curse will cause this year.

Last year - Fire

This year - Godzilla, or at the very least a minor zombie apocalypse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Is that the guy who shows you roughly how to make Poitin ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 jrd_old

With the year thats in it, i reckon they'll be giving out free swine flu :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

efla wrote: »
    Last year - Fire

This year - Godzilla, or at the very least a minor zombie apocalypse

infamous Z-day... it could only happen when the planets align oh and on the open day.

At least I have a plan...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Yeah usually 40 mins to an hour. President's speech is quite the boring though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭token56

Last year fire, this year floods, it has to be and is the only thing that makes sense

Next year shower of Locusts.

Locusts are freaky. Let's hope they only descend on new campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

Im worried now for my safety, should i get out of bed to go in and study or maybe i should play it safe?

Stay in bed. Everytime. Shower of locusts or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

Noooooooooo! What ever shall we do?

Think I'll stay in tomorrow and drink tea. Sounds like a plan.

Zombies would be fun though...

Eh, there's a marquee!! There's disaster waiting to happen!!

"Children, see how I demonstrate the power of the chemical world with my big box of chemicals, now I know the marquee is not well ventilated but that shouldn't be an issue. *Fiddles with chemicals*. Child, why are you lying on the floor?? Ask that other child lying beside you to stop shaking like that please!"

Also, they have signs for Pugin but one of them points into Aula, a condemned building. When will they learn?? Tis' cursed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

send the children to be eye balled by decades worth of old priests!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

hey actually just wondering is it jsut john hume thats off limits tommorrow? because i have a piano tutorial in the morning behind logic and then law in aula, will they still be on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Only Hume.

No escaping those tutorials! :)

Yeah it's just John Hume. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Only Hume.

ah not wanting to escape it...it's just i wanted to know as they're my only reason to get up before midday tommorrow ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Only Hume.

I actually have a tut tomorrow in Hume that's cancelled of course, doesn't matter anyway, haven't been to it yet :o

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

My 9 and 10 o'clock lectures in Hume have been.........moved.

Not cancelled:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

i got a photo with the girl from aifric at it yesterday! good times!

Advertisement