Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Laptop.

Options
  • 21-11-2009 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

Hi ..I am looking for a decent laptop, that I wont have to wear a balaclava to get the funds....I see Dell have one for around 500 euro.It has a pentium dual-core processor,with windows 7 home edition.It has 250gb hard drive and 3gb of memory.I have heard that celeron processors are not great..and pentium are only a little bit better???.I always though that Acers were good,but from reading around,it seems they are not so hot.I know you get what you pay for...but a shunt in the right direction would be a great help....What I know of such things is little
    Thanks
    J.
    I think this may be in the wrong place..Go easy on me!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

DT100 wrote: »
    Hi ..I am looking for a decent laptop, that I wont have to wear a balaclava to get the funds....I see Dell have one for around 500 euro.It has a pentium dual-core processor,with windows 7 home edition.It has 250gb hard drive and 3gb of memory.I have heard that celeron processors are not great..and pentium are only a little bit better???.I always though that Acers were good,but from reading around,it seems they are not so hot.I know you get what you pay for...but a shunt in the right direction would be a great help....What I know of such things is little
    Thanks
    J.
    I think this may be in the wrong place..Go easy on me!!!!!!!!
    Hi DT100

Firstly I'm no expert so don't take my advie as gospel.

If you are getting a Dell Laptop, make sure you check out Bargain Alerts on here for a 10% or 5% discount code. Also, if you use the epp site for an extra 6% discount.
    https://ecomm.dell.com/myaccount/subscription/subhome.aspx?c=us&cs=6099&l=en&s=eep&source_id=600000 (I saved 16% on mine 18 months ago)

Enter the Company as Eircom, they don't check it.

In relation to the Laptop itself, I'd highly reccommend 3gb Ram so the you can do a few different things on it at once without it slowing down.
    Personally, I'd a celeron processor in my desktop at home, and I thought it was ****e. way too slow imo.

I'd get whatever pentium processor is out at the moment.

Also if your using it for gaming, I'd reccommend browsing through the laptop forum here. There a lot more knowledgable over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Thanks for that Looder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭thegoodlife

I got a packard bell T4200 with 250gb HDD and 4gb ram for €435

Advertisement