Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair - To Home Dye or not to home dye?

• 21-11-2009 12:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

I've returned to full time education so the bank balance is quickly dwindling. I usually get my hair cut and coloured every 6 weeks. This costs me €74 which is a hell of a lot of money for a student. The hairdresser does a brilliant job but as it's an all over colour so would I be able to do a home dye job and get the same result?

Also what would be a good home dye kit to buy? The hair colour is red (if that's makes a difference. I know it fades the quickest.)

Any hairdressers, I would value your input. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Special K

Live [Schwarkopf] or the Feria one, I think it's Loreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I always do mine at home now, jsut the Clairol Nice and Easy and Bob's your fathers brother.

I use 2 as my hair is quite thick and getting longer (yay!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SparkleShoes!

i always used the garnier hair dyes and thought they were great! never had a problem with them. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

I use Live Schwarkopf as mentioned above, but I find it fades easily enough but its the only one I can get thats really jet black.

Garnier 100% Color I think its called (its a white and red box anyway) is really good and they have some nice shades.

Tip for when your putting it in, I always section my hair so that I get the dye everywhere 'cos i ended up with black on the top of my hair and brown underneath first time I did mine..

Advertisement