Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flood Photos around Meath

Options
  • 21-11-2009 12:33am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭

Why not post some pics of the floods around Meath. Here's a couple taken tonight in Trim.

BEC0221ACBF44E509D49940AE86292DE-500.jpg

F03AC167C13E49C08F09CF5B6ADC653F-500.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Lovely pics!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Was Trim badly flooded? Interested to know as I'll be moving there in a couple of weeks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

PauloMN wrote: »
    Was Trim badly flooded? Interested to know as I'll be moving there in a couple of weeks.

No real flooding apart from the river overflowing. It never affects any of the houses except the odd low lying one on the Dublin Road or Mill Street and they all escaped so far this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

Really excellent pictures Pullandbang, thats one of the nicest of Trim Castle I've seen.
    Was out at Marcies with my camera earlier earlier, will upload a few later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I passed the bridge over the Boyne on Wednesday and the river was overflowing - that was before the really heavy rain.

• Advertisement

I was there myself early this morning and got these few before the rain came.

Newtown Bridge.
    5D30F589C2544F84B4380EEAA8B1EA19-500.jpg

St. John's Priory.
    360D2A04876A4A92BC7CFBE2474792B0-500.jpg

St. John's again in B&W
    594D80A34CE04507A8904E315366E1DF-500.jpg

I got some more in the afternoon but I haven't processed them yet.

Alright, this is the last of them from Trim. Did we not have floods anywhere else in the county?

Foothpath blocked.
    282CE27BE8AD4E90AC1CBC6A362BD6D4-500.jpg

Road? flooded.....
    B82A7E56324643789890E380B2DEE748-500.jpg

Casual water on the 7th.
    27FD6245F1874F4090316DE8958AF2C5-500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

Nice shots Pullandbang. I think we've been lucky this time, I haven't come across any serious flooding. The R. Nanny around Kentstown seems to have stayed under control this time. I stopped by Slane and Stackallen yesterday afternoon to have a look.

Stackallen
    4125774552_502ce50d3d.jpg

Stackallen weir
    4125774558_98c61b9d6b.jpg

Slane
    4125774548_2fd454f0ee.jpg

Slane
    4125774544_2947e80981.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Great photos folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Took some while walking the dog on the river walk in trim not great as i was only using the camera phone..:)
    zv78rd.jpg
    2l1ik1.jpg

• Advertisement

elius wrote: »
    Took some while walking the dog on the river walk in trim not great as i was only using the camera phone..:)

Good pics - you might want to resize the second one - it's HUGE!:)

Good pics - you might want to resize the second one - it's HUGE!:)
    Done there not great camera phone lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Pull and Bang you have good camera skills :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Pull and Bang you have good camera skills :)

Totally agree.

Can I ask what camera you use.

Plan on purchasing something for xmas present for myself and my partner as we always seem to see images that would looks fantastic if captured properly.

Have you photoshopped the ones you uploaded here? Have you edited them in any way?

If not, do you photoshop? Don't know anything about it to be honest apart from thinking that every photographer be in professional or amateur uses it?

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

In_tuition wrote: »
    Can I ask what camera you use.
    It's a Canon 40D but TBH you could take those pics with almost any camera. You just need a tripod and some understanding of shutter speeds.
    Plan on purchasing something for xmas present for myself and my partner as we always seem to see images that would looks fantastic if captured properly.
    Take a look here first - always a bargain to be had.
    Have you photoshopped the ones you uploaded here? Have you edited them in any way?
    If not, do you photoshop? Don't know anything about it to be honest apart from thinking that every photographer be in professional or amateur uses it?

Most shots I post will have some adjustments made such as cropping, colour correction and levels (brightness/contrast) - all done in Photoshop or Gimp. Some of them will have unwanted features removed such as poles or traffic lights (anyone that knows Newtown Bridge :)).
    Apart from that they are straight out of the camera.

haha, if anyone asks, there is not and never has been a traffic light in the middle of Newtown bridge :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Thanks for response pullandbang - appreciate it.

I've been looking at this

Could I get your opinion on it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Here are a couple from the bridge to Newgrange.

Thanks for response pullandbang - appreciate it.
    I've been looking at this
    Could I get your opinion on it please?

You won't go to far wrong with a Canon and there is a vast amount of new and second lenses available to suit. The kit lens 18-55 that comes with it is ok - basic enough but adequate for any beginner.

It's worth checking out this review and in fact, it's worth browsing that review site - thay are excellent.

You should mosey over to the photography forum here on boards because it's full of useful info and very helpful people.

So we'll all be expecting to see your pics in the photo thread here soon?

A couple more from Trim.

Edit : Ga, cant upload, files are too big.
    I cant link to facebook either. Any suggestions how to upload big files?

• Advertisement

Archeron wrote: »
    A couple more from Trim.
    Edit : Ga, cant upload, files are too big.
    I cant link to facebook either. Any suggestions how to upload big files?

Try reducing the size down to 800px on the longest side and make sure the dpi is 72.

Alternatively open a pix.ie account or photobucket and from there you can paste your pics directly as I do.

The difference a couple of days make..
    Last week
    2qxareg.jpg
    Today
    29n6tly.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I was at Drogheda today, and the GPS brought me through Oldbridge where the Boyne is still very swelled - and is at the same level as the road. One wrong move and you would end up in the river - it's frightening!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

elius wrote: »
    The difference a couple of days make..
    Last week
    2qxareg.jpg
    Today
    29n6tly.jpg

Aye I know what you mean. One week, no dog. Next week, dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Micksheenb

Great pictures there, hadn't a camera on me, but the river in navan was 4 feet higher that usual, some sight, as well as the fields on the dublin road at the bridge..

Advertisement