Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paul McShane

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Point being would hope we would never do that to any Irish player on these boards. As much as I think McShane has his problems to put him under such scrutiny is not in the spirit of these boards.

I don't agree. He deserves to be singled out for the absolute abomination that he is. No player is above criticism and he rightly gets it in bucketloads. If he can't read the game at this stage of his career then I hold out little hope for him. You can't coach that in to him, you either have a football brain or you don't.
    I clearly recall the match thread from the other night. When McShane came on there was about two pages of posts in despair. He is universally hated by Irish supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Universally hated by Irish supporters. Thats being a bit strong.
    I think it is he just being played in wrong position. He is a good header of the ball. But he lets people get goal side of him and a bit lacking in pace. But he has passion by the bucket loads as was proved when he kicked the s**t out of that water bottle after Brown took him off in league game before last. So its just a matter of channeling that anger.
    I think what is wrong with him is he is going through some crisis of confidence at the moment. But lets not crucify the lad like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Universally hated by Irish supporters. Thats being a bit strong.

Universally hated is too strong but he is universally doubted by all
    He certainly isn't and has never been a right back. He is a centre back though limited at at.

So if you want to give him a chance then don't play him out of position, he can't cope and has proven that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Alright, lets change his position. Leave him on as waterboy and be done with it.

Saw O'Shea being brought off and I buried my face in my hands when I saw the replacement. I don't often listen to Dunphy but he's right, McShane is an accident waiting to happen. Looked up after he was on and what number was he wearing, thirteen! The comments on him improving are likely true, as from what I've seen he can't possibly get much worse. I'm clueless as to why he get's picked for the squad never mind put on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Aidric wrote: »
    I clearly recall the match thread from the other night. When McShane came on there was about two pages of posts in despair. He is universally hated by Irish supporters.

He made a mistake but in normal circumstances the ball would have went out for a goal kick tbf. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Im reminded of a young overweight Richard Dunne who was the butt of afew jokes back in the day. Admittedly he didnt seem to lack a football brain like McShane does, but alot of football is about atitude and commitment. So maybe if McShane works hard he can improve in the next couple of years.

I think he needs to do his improving away from the Irish team though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Terrible player wouldnt have him on my 5 a side team. When he came on on Wednesday my heart sank!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

no pace, dives in to easily,no height,.....ginger... enough said!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

why all the hate?

st ledger was the cause of it all. not mc shane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Nice video IRISHSPORTSGUY. He was a horror show at Sunderland. How he survived there so long(or how Sunderland survived his help) I don't know. He's just not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

ntlbell wrote: »
    why all the hate?

st ledger was the cause of it all. not mc shane

how do you reckon that? Dunne was held back but should've gotten a head on it all the same, he did it the whole game. McShane was on Henry, all he had to do was stay in front of Henry an sheapard the ball out, i wouldn't have any blame dished out to St.Ledger, from what i saw anyway, but thats not to say i missed something.

As much as I think McShane has his problems to put him under such scrutiny is not in the spirit of these boards.

I agree it is harsh to be singling out one player but i do think his along with two others that i can think of involvement in the Irish squad should be questioned. I honestly don't think that there is enough merit to have McShane Gibson and Miller in the irish squad, over the likes of Fahey, Nolan, Delap, Finan and Carsley, no point in metioning the Reids or mister controversial in the sky blue jersey himself:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

DEVEREUX wrote: »
    as soon as he came on i txted the brother to say that we f**ked.

I laughed when I saw his big ginger head trotting on wearing the number 13.

I'd say Platini did the same while texting Blatter.

"You'll never guess who they just brought on, and the number he's wearing! ROFL PMSL"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I have never seen such an unanimous display of hatred on the football boards.

I am so proud .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Dimitri wrote: »
    how do you reckon that? Dunne was held back but should've gotten a head on it all the same, he did it the whole game. McShane was on Henry, all he had to do was stay in front of Henry an sheapard the ball out, i wouldn't have any blame dished out to St.Ledger, from what i saw anyway, but thats not to say i missed something.

St ledger commited a stupid foul on a playerer 35+ yards from goal with his back to ours.

that was the mistake.

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »
    St ledger commited a stupid foul on a playerer 35+ yards from goal with his back to ours.

that was the mistake.
    Ah ya can't argue with that to be fair, it was a stupid foul to make i'd forgotten who made it.
    Hmm guess i look a bit stupid now!!

Advertisement